1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fastex Lubricants

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by PumpkinPieLover, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PumpkinPieLover

PumpkinPieLover TS Member

I was just wondering if anyone had tried any of this Fastex line of gun products?

I got some Fastex Surface Modifier off a family friend up here in Indiana who's a Master Distributor for the surrounding states. And I've been running it in all of my vehicles, farm equipment, gear boxes, compressors, etc. The stuff works so well at eliminating friction that I thought about eating some to ease my joint pain.

They make a line of gun products: you can visit them via their website www.fastexlubes.com and look at all of them.

I know some of the guys at the trap club (one guy in particular heated up his Kreighoff with a heat gun to 150 degrees and brushed it all over the metal). I guess that when you do this, the lubricant actually bonds to the metal atoms preventing all sorts of issues. They seem to swear by the combination of doing that and using their greases.

The man with the Kreighoff actually heated up his barrel and poured it all down it. He said that he never has to clean his barrel anymore because it resists dirt, debris, and powders.

I'm thinking about looking into it a little further, but I was wanting to gauge this forums thoughts and go from there.

Thanks

2. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

I used to use Fastex aerosol auto-action lube spray on my Beretta autos but have not seen it for years. The can had a pic of Scott Robertson on it and he was a big sponsor since he was an auto shooter.

Like to have more of it.

3. PumpkinPieLover

PumpkinPieLover TS Member

I guess this guy is the local area rep... You can email him at matt@bomarpneumatics.com if you're wanting more.

Last I heard because I inquired about that same thing was that due to NAFTA they couldn't bring Aerosols across the Canadian border? Who knew?

But Tom Knapp is a sponsor as well, he swears it gives him a faster action than any other lubricant.

4. Hank55

Hank55 Member

I've used the surface modifier in a couple of my older vehicles and it really reduced the amount of oil that I had been using, seems to do what it claims to do. Also use the gun grease, sticks to the metal better than synthetic.