1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

FAST SHELLS DO SPREAD MORE THAN SLOW SHELLS !

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by garmonbozia, Oct 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garmonbozia

garmonbozia TS Member

Hey Prince,

Saw your little buddy Billy Crawford was mentioned prominently (and his dad mentioned numerous times) in the latest ATA executive committee meeting minutes.

Aren't you good buddies with Billy and his dad?

2. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Prince: Your common sense amazes me!! If only our presidential candidates possessed this type of wisdom. Ed

3. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

What choke were you using? Was it an adustable? 7 1/2's or 8's?

It MUST be a full moon! All of the "kooks" are coming out of the woodwork and it's not even Halloween yet!

4. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

And I thought I was gross! Prince, you are one filthy mother!

5. buzzgun

buzzgun Member

Prince,

You've made a _start_....but more work is needed. I've been working on some theories of my own, which, apparently at least partially, lead in the same direction as yours.

I'll be spending the winter at the Silver Dollar, and am planning to test your theory (under "sea level" conditions). I'll drop a couple dozen "logs" as uniform in size as possible, weigh them, drop them, analyze them with Grammie's Scat-Analyzer software (R), and bag them up for transport to Spanish Fork in the spring for replication of results at high altitude. If you could arrange to meet me there in February, and do the same, we'll do a double-blind experiment (no peeking at me through the stall) and work this out for the benefit of all who are interested.

Then I'll be going to Spanish Fork in the spring, and some friends there will arrange to allow me to use their porta-john, at high altitude, with _heavy_ water in the commode, so we can test the all-important fluid density variable (which I note your analysis fails to consider). If you can't make it there, just UPS me your samples & Grammie and I will handle the rest (he has graciously offered to loan me the use of his scat-analyzer for this test).

With any luck, I'll have the "paper work" finished by next June, and will publish my findings, hopefully, before the U.S. Open in July (I'll make a hardcopy report available to anyone in exchange for a donation to the Hall of Fame, in whatever amount you feel the information is worth).

I have a hunch that some will be surprised at the results...more later.

Yours in scatology,

buzz

6. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

What p_o_d describes is in reality a "blown pattern", caused perhaps more by too much choke than excess velocity?

7. buzzgun

buzzgun Member

Literalist,

I think Prince's been spending too much time in the can with Larry Craig.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.