1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fast Release Trigger for 391

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by shotist, Jan 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shotist

shotist Member

I have a "Cole Release Tigger" for my 391. It works find, but I would like a "faster trigger." I also shoot a K80 with a release that is much faster, which is why I would like to find a faster release for the Beretta. Who has used/bought different gunsmiths release trigger for the 391 that is faster? And would you buy the same one again....reliabilty wise??

thanks,
    J. Michael Plaxco

2. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Pat's Gun Repair in Minnesota installs an anti-backlash set screw in the rear of the trigger guard. If you eliminate a lot of drag in the sear and get a heavy set weight, you should have a pretty fast release.
    Downside is that if you shoot doubles or sporting clays with a trigger like that, you may have the same problem I had, which was machine-gunning the second shot.
    Darrel at Spears did my trigger, and I had him slow it down and actually increase the drag so it wouldn't do that machine-gun thing.

3. tp

tp TS Member

Jerrie White in Colorado built one for me. It may not be as fast as the trigger in my K80, but it is the fastest 390/391 trigger I have ever used.

4. shotist

shotist Member

Do you have any contact info for Jerrie White??

Phone and/or Email

thanks for the replies
    mplaxco

5. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

I have a Money Maker release trigger, and it is very fast. Thinking about selling it as I don't shoot the 391 any longer. Ben

6. tp

tp TS Member

Jerrie White
    Jerrie's Shotgun Specialty Work
    2119 Romney Ave.
    Fort Collins, CO 80526
    (970) 493-0871

7. ec90t

ec90t Guest

There is no such thing as a "Fast Trigger" when it comes to a 391. I had to abandon my 391 Teknys because of the slow lock time that is inherrit to a Beretta auto trigger. I had two of the best try to no avail!

ec90t

8. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

All auto triggers suck when it comes to lock time. The best that I've found is a P&P made from a 390 housing...still slow, but at least it's very crisp and consistant and stays that way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.