1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

FAST - Jack West Stock question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GBatch_25, Aug 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

I recently bought a Jack West stock for an 1100. The stock is NOT the newest version. I need to set it up for a variety of young shooters with a LOP ranging from 13" to 15".

I am at the Grand and want to have the pad and spacers set up for these varying LOPs, BUT is the space behind the butt pad holes a solid space OR is it vacant space? Why am I asking? I want to have threaded inserts put in the stock so changing the butt pad often won't wear out the pre-drilled holes.

Can anyone answer please?

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

2. beaker100

beaker100 Member

hi gene, they are usally hollow but wood insets can be made and glued in then the threaded inserts can be installed in the wood.hope this helps. doug hubbart gunsmith

3. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Doug:
    Thx for reply. If I understand, you'd have to drill the existing holes to a size that would accommodate a piece of a dowel (sized larger than the threaded inserts), epoxy that in place solidly, then drill the wood for the threaded inserts. Do I have the right idea?

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

4. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

Just rcvd my Jack West 870stock, it is hollow...I. have an adj Jones pad adjuster on it..bet a gracoil adj LOP would fit just as easy...check with a stock guy at the grand, they can hook it up for ya

5. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Gene, I took an old wood stock and gave it to Tron to put together for our young shooters. He did a very nice job for me. Thank you again Tron. :)

6. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

Gene; I have an early Jack West stock on my 1100. It has an ajustable butt pad installed years ago by either Ken Rucker or Phillip Crenwelge. It is still held in place by those self threading screws into the two plastic bosses. Any butt pad changes are done to the metal adjustable plate that is threaded for machine screws.

7. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Thx for the quick replies gang.

Gene Batchelar
    WQheaton, IL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.