1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fast and Furious cars

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by yakimaman, Sep 11, 2013.

1. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

My son and I were on our way to the range the other day and were passed by one of those small cars, exhaust extension the size of a coffee can, kinda loud, going through the gears like mad but not seeming to accelerate a whole lot. See them around town often. My son commented that he'd never, in the whole time this fad has been around, seen a girl driving one or even in one of those cars as a passenger. He thinks it must have something to do with sexuality (or lack thereof) of the boys who drive these things. I hadn't ever paid much attention to them but after he mentioned it I have to say I haven't seen any women around those cars either. What's up with that?

2. sterlingworth

sterlingworth Active Member

Boy's with out guidence,trying to act like men.

3. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

An appropriate coincedence as F&F 7 start filming today in Atlanta.

Eric

4. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

A generation or so ago, we did about the same thing with the cars we were able to buy. 'Dual exhaust' with Cherry bobmb mufflers were relatively cheap and even if we really didn't have much under the hood, at least it made a nice sound. Also back in that time, the girls generally drove the family car if they drove and weren't all that impressed by a loud car that some dweeb might have.

Not much has changed

5. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Some of these young punks simply stick a fart can at the end of their exhaust in an attempt to impress people. Usually, it's pathetic. However, there are some of them damn rice burners that can really move. The Subaru WRX, Mitsubishi Galant and Hyundai Genesis come to mind. Those cars are real neck snappers!

6. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

My dad used to liken the sound of them things as "being like 5lbs of fireants farting in quick-time"

7. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

They Sound like a Tumble Bug in a Tar bucket.

8. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

I would point out to your son that John McCains wife, Cindy does in fact drive these cars and loves to 'drift.'

9. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

The old adage "If it don't go....Chrome it!" Comes to mind.

Bob

10. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

" going through the gears like mad but not seeming to accelerate a whole lot."

Maybe it's a recording, or the sound track of F&F, played through a multi-$K sound system. Seems like there are a few cars out there with an engine sound system.

Bob Falfa