1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fantastic reload recipe ...

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Mr Newbius©, Oct 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

While on the range the other day I went out and scooped up a couple of buckets of dirt and shot to take home to sift and recover the shot.

I saved a couple boxes of Rio shells and also stopped to get a hundred or so wads that was out around the trap house.

When I got home I got out some old primers that was given to me by a rifle reloader when he stopped shooting and dug out my container of black powder from my black powder hunting days.

Well smacked out the old primer and smacked in a new one with the tablespoon I used to measure the powder with. Put in a heaping tablespoon of powder and them shoved in a wad and packed the rest with the shot and little bit of dirt left.

Did this on about 50 or so shells and ... well ...

Oh yeah my new Perazzi came in Monday so I took it to the range today to try out my new reloads and damn do they work great.

Who needs all that fancy reloading equipment and all the special measuring and crap ... my reloads smoked the heck out of the target or at least I think they did cause there sure was allot of smoke on the range today.

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Nuibius just proved he is mentally unbalanced - who cares

3. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I thought it was great. You do have a fair idea of humor.

4. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Now I think I know who the pheasant hunter was who spent thousands on the hunt of a lifetime at a fancy South Dakota lodge, arrived in a $60,000.00 truck, and shot $5.00 promotional "hunting" shells. Was that you Mr. Nubius?

5. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Newb,

Where ya been? I needed a laugh. If you need one, check out my "Bed Sheets" thread...sounds like something that might happen to you!

milt

6. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

Had the pleasure (I think) of shooting some black powder loads last week-end. Man, what a BLAST!! (pun intended) Smoke all over the freakin' place! Very soft shooting though, and real low velocity, but broke birds OK! Sure does dirty up a nice clean shotgun barrel though! Did the soap & water treatment, followed by normal solvent cleaning, and oil. Came clean just fine, but wouldn't want to shoot BP on a regular basis!

AndyH

7. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

rev, Recycled wads...

gather them up...

put in to an old pillow case

tie the open end

put in your washing machine to clean up dirt and particles and small rocks (don't tell your wife)

Come out clean and almost like new...:)

milt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.