1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fantastic new book on shooting ...

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by lumper, Jan 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lumper

lumper TS Member

"Mastering Skeet" by King Heiple

A definite good winter read while waiting for spring skeet season. I'm getting my copy today at lunch from the local Borders.

2. country gentleman

country gentleman Member

Dittos on Mastering Skeet. One of the best attempts in later years. Many great tips on form and fit that also apply to trap and sporting. King is a good friend to me and our clay target sports. He gives me co-authorship credit for this book but I assure you that the largest efforts were his, not mine. Todd Nelson

3. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

This is definitely the most complete book on Skeet ever published. As Todd noted, many of the concepts apply directly to sporting clays and trap.

Dr. King Heiple is one of the NSSA's ten master instructors. He was chairman of the Department of Orthopedic Surgery at Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine. Many of his publications dealt with biomechanical research. Todd is the gun-fitting and shooting-form expert for the NSSA's advanced level 2 and 3 instructor courses.

I can't recommend this book highly enough.

4. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Thanks guys... I will order it along with some other books from Amazon. I have often contended that trap/skeet is very much like golf as far as body mechanics and we do not teach enough foot placement and hip placement which effects gun swing. Fred

5. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

To keep the record straight, NSSA/NSCA headquarters is in San Antonio, TX

Jason

6. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

Hello Fred. Actually shot with King Heiple a couple of weeks ago. He lives about 3 miles from here. Very nice man. Right now he is having shoulder problems or something like that that is hampering his shooting, big time. Lovely man to shoot with. Only problem it is +5 here right now and not a lot of fun to stand around the skeet field for a long time. Hope Ca. is not completely snowed in where you are. How are the fellows at No. Hollywood. I had a really nice time at your shoot and the lunch was terrific. I still can't get rid of the heart burn from the chili. Hope all is well and you other guys need to get to No. Hollywood when on the west coast.Oh yea. It is especially difficult to shoot skeet in my piunk to-to in this cold weather. motordoc

7. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Hi Joe! I will write to you separately. Fred

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

He authored some good articles in the skeet mag, I will have this on my must read list also,

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

king heiple gun fitting