1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fancy wood blank-BEST OFFER-Look!-

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Bueno, Dec 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bueno

Bueno Member

0   0   0

THIS EXHIBITION GRADE TURKISH WALNUT SHOTGUN BLANK IS READY TO BE CARVED. THIS KIND OF
    COLOR: VERY RICH DARKER REDDISH HONEY BROWN WITH VERY STRONG DEPTH, CONTRAST AND YELLOW STRIPES.

FIDDLE-BACK : SOME

FIGURE: FULL MARBLE-CAKE AND VERY DARK BLACK MINERAL LINES.
    Size 19.5" Long x 3" Thick x 8.25" wide on butt.
    Air dried since 3/2003.
    9.5% Moisture content.
    Price best offer over $1,000.00

2. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

0   0   0

Very nice

3. K-EIGHTY

K-EIGHTY Member

0   0   0

That looks like a blank from Chiron, Inc (a.k.a. Hunterbid.com).

4. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

you have a PM

5. Bueno

Bueno Member

0   0   0

Only offers over $1000 considered.

6. Taxidermy

Taxidermy Active Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

You may want to find a blank for a forend to match to make a sale. The blank is just big enough to make most stocks for trap guns with higher ribs that are shot today. IMO thanks Ronnie

7. Bueno

Bueno Member

0   0   0

Ronnie:
    The way that the felt pen outline was drawn, does give the impression that the comb would be too short, but that not is the case.
    If the fore end is taken from a revised outline, the blank would allow a high comb stock with room to spare.
    We must compute the entire dimensions of the blank in order to make a judgement.
    Do the numbers, 19 1/2 long times 8.25 width with a 3" thickness.

8. Taxidermy

Taxidermy Active Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Bueno, I understand what you are saying and a blank for me to make most custom stocks numbers need to be 18 long by 7 deer and a full 2 1/2 inch thick. I do not see that I can get both stock and forend from your blank. I think it may be possable to do a copy of a factory stock set. IMO thanks Ronnie

9. Bueno

Bueno Member

0   0   0

Ronnie:
    So my blank is within those parameters and more at: 19 1/2 long times 8.25 width with a 3" thickness. Most stockmakers will rather furnish the wood for obvious reasons, but again my blank measurements are adequate for most any stocks unless you are really going with odd measurements.
    Sadly my stock maker close to Atlanta died last week, Gary Hackney (The Hack) and I was very sad by his departure, more so that we where planning to work on a custom stock.
    Wherever you are Hack, keep smoking those great cigars and working at what you love.

10. Bueno

Bueno Member

0   0   0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.