1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fancy shootin'

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jnoemanh, Jul 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jnoemanh

jnoemanh TS Member

1. Fred Missildine once claimed to have run 25x25 skeet targets while blindfolded. He said he could hear the trap release, and knew where the target would be.

2. Rudy Etchen claimed to have run 25x25 skeet targets shooting one-handed while standing on top of a fence post on one foot.

3. And we've all seen the great exhibition shooter Tom Knapp hand throw 10 targets and break them all.

but...

I recently watched a pheasant hunting video with Tom Knapp. A bird flushed close in front of him, maybe 15 yards, and flew straight away. Tom emptied his auto and never cut a feather.

Even the greatest have a bad day sometimes.

2. Kolar Dan

Kolar Dan Member

Years ago I had the luxury of watching John Satterwhite shoot Skeet blindfolded. Impressive!!!
    Sonny Daniels

3. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

So tell me. How do you get a gun to fit your ear?

4. nomderf

nomderf TS Member

I watched a fellow break 200 registered doubles targets (same day) this Saturday with one eye closed.

38-01615

5. bwvan

bwvan TS Member

John Satterwhite is my all-time favorite exhibition shooter. His sense of humor is drier than a keg of Blue Dot and his is much less pretentious than some of the newer shooters.

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

38-01615 - I liked your post.

Pat Ireland

7. PhillyD

PhillyD Member

I have often wondered how well Tom Knapp would do from the 27yd line.I'd say his 100 straights would be far and few between if any. Any other thoughts.Also if you really think Fred broke 25 blindfolded I would like to sell you a building...Trump Towers :>

8. ddrsuz

ddrsuz Member

But jnoemanh: but you missed the point of Tom Knapp's video.........Tom was good enough to insure that that pheasant never reproduced.
    d

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.