1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

False Advertisement

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by halfmile, May 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Maybe the guy was just drinking funny coffee. If you have ANY doubts whatsoever about buying from people here, ask for references.

Verifying for sure what the product is is just good common sense.

I just bought a range finder on another forum and the seller did not communicate anything back to me while it was in process. 5 days after he cashed the check he says he didn't have my address.

I finally got a tracking number and received the item but the dawdling and the lack of communication had me thinking I was scammed.

Moral: Keep each other posted. When you send funds, tell the seller. When you send an item, tell the buyer. If you need to clear a check, have your banker do it by phone, that way it's 2 days instead of 5 or 6.

In the case of firearms, if you have the slightest doubt, insist the seller use an FFL for shipping. NO dealer wants to help a scammer, and lose his license.

COMMUNICATE.....

HM

2. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

At least he contacted you before you bought it. Sounds to me like he is not a bad guy. You ever hear of a mistake. What harm was done? None, other that you got your feathers ruffled.

I can't even believe you posted this.

Don

3. Desert Hiker

Desert Hiker Member

Terry, your accusation is not true,I have two BT's FS on ts.com one is a 32" bbl the the a 34" bbl and a grade III. All your email to me said in the subject was a browning without describing which one. Based on your offer I assumed you were making the offer on the less expensive one. Your offer was appropriate for the less expensive bt. Instead you were low balling my asking price for the grade III bt which I found unacceptable. I also have bought and sold guns on ts.com with few to no problems and was certainly not representing falsely. RS

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Always two sides.

5. Jimmyc

Jimmyc TS Member

Desert hiker, Seems to me you even, in the original post, stated the fact that you were selling two guns and to describe the one you wanted. Good job.

Terry, chalk this up as a mistake. Btw don't get upset w/other people if they accidentally post a detail wrong about guns for sale. Remember your dads mk2? I tried to help you by saying you posted the bbl length wrong. You argued with me about it then got mad when I said you are not very knowledgeable about handguns. I was trying to keep you out of this same situation. Not trying to bring up old wounds, but your not perfect either. Let it go.
    Jimmy

6. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

As a seller I will give any and all info that I can. When I get a check I will email the buyer that I did. I will also let him know when I will be mailing the item. I will email him that I did mail the item and give him a tracking number that I did mail it. I to will go to the bank and have them tell me if the check is good or not before I mail anything out. IF there is a problem on my end I will email the buyer so they know what is going on. I have gotten a sale after the PO has closed on Sat and Sun you can't do much and say Mon is a holiday I will let the buyer know that and that I will have it in the mail on Tuesday. I will mail Priority Mail Only.

As a buyer. I will mail a bank check with a conf slip or tracking number on it. I will email the sell that its on the way. I will tell the seller that the item came in the mail that day.

7. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Must of embaressed the poor guy, he deleted his post and took off running ... Well, thats what he gets for not paying attention ...

I hate it when people delete their post because they already got outed ... There is one poster who I used to make copies of everything he said because he would delete his posts all the time and then claim that he never said that ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

8. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

Communication in a sale by both parties is a good thing. Sometimes I feel I over communicate when I purchase an item but no seller has complained to date.

DoubleAuto

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.