1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Falling Value Of Dollar

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by DoubleAuto, Nov 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

Has anyone heard if and how the falling value of the US Dollar will affect prices in 2008 on imported firearms? Will we see Berettas, Benelli's, Krieghoff's, etc. go up more than normal yearly price increases?

2. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

I honestly don't see how they can help but be higher in price. The euro is trading at such a level as to call for it to be higher. Dan

3. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Purchase now if interested in an import, as once the stores sell what they have on hand, they will have to restock. Some companies may take a hit on profit just to keep market share (from US manufactures ?), but no reason on the hi-end firearms.

The used gun market may see a nice boast in sales...

Saying that, I read an article this past week where Germany is complaining on the value of the Euro as they are beginning to see a slow in exports. They indicated US dollar was undervalued, but did not see much cooperation from other European countries to correct the imbalance.

The news did a story on a company in Vermont. The owner stated his company has seen a 25% increase in sales over the past year to overseas customers, mostly too Europe. He was a happy camper and hiring workers. So there is an upside to this.

4. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

I was told by a dealer, Perazzi up 18% after January 1. Krieghoff up 20% after January 1. Sounds like my new Kolar will be more affordable after all.

5. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

I was told by a dealer, Perazzi up 18% after January 1. Krieghoff up 20% after January 1. Sounds like my new Kolar will be more affordable after all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.