1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fallacy of Magazine Bans

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Chichay, Jan 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

The recent Cuomo law reducing magazine capacity in New York state to seven rounds, and subsequent exemption for the police agencies ostensibly because it'll place such agencies at a disadvantage against criminals highlights this point: politicians are willing to place their constituents at a disadvantage against criminals, but not the police. Chichay

2. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

I'm sure when the crooks are going to holdup a convieniance store, they'll be sure to only load 7 bullets.

3. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

In respect for Cuomo's Law, all the New York criminals have gone to two-shot derringers.

4. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

Great point Chichay. Time to hammer this point. ed nichols

5. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

The fallacy exists on both sides of the fence. Truth is a moderately skilled shooter can keep up a near continuous stream of fire using magazines containing even less than 10 rounds. The good 1911 single stack .45 acp comes to mind. So with that in mind the notion of making a firearm 'less dangerous' by limiting the magazine capacity is silly as is the notion that a firearm with less than 10 or 15 rounds in the mag is not effective for defensive applications.

All of it is a smoke screen designed to conceal the true agenda which is complete elimation of the 2nd amendment from our constiution.

6. Chichay

How many CCW holders here carry more than 1 magazine? How many magazines do you carry Wolfram? Chichay

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    That will be next on their list.... limiting the number of magazines you can own or carry.

8. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

None Chichay. Don't carry a pistol as routine. When I do its a revolver. If I did carry an auto I would carry at least one spare mag. And yes I do have a whole lot of practice doing mag changes with a 1911.

How many shootings have you been in? Okay probably a bit unfair but do you really think the baddies are just going to let you stand there and squirt off a hi cap mag at them? I'm not saying that you shouldn't have a high cap - just that you don't have to run a high cap gun to be well armed.

9. Chichay

Wolfram, You a have a PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.