1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fall/Winter 6" boot recommendations.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by DENNISMASTROLIA1, Nov 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DENNISMASTROLIA1

DENNISMASTROLIA1 Active Member

Fall/Winter boot recommendation.Medium weight--Trap shooting as well as for every day use. Comfort and warmth are my main priorites.Thanks--Dennis.I don't mind paying for a good product.

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Fall/Winter 6

I've always had good luck with Rocky's brand boots from Cabelas(available other stores too). The Thinsualate insulation and (1) pair of Merino wool socks makes for an awesome winter boot combo. Many people make the mistake of throwing on mutiple pairs of socks thus restricting the blood flow to the feet and toes and also causing the feet to sweat. The Thinsualate insulation comes in gram weights(example 400 gram thinsulate) which is a measure of the weight of insualtion. If you are going to be active with the boots(walking, hiking) you want a lower number. For still hunting(deer stand, sitting) you want a higher number.

Matt

3. kd185

kd185 Member

Fall/Winter 6

Red Wing made in america

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.