1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fall Handi Linn Creek Such a Early Start!???

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by DC, Sep 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DC

DC TS Member

Hey its Fall sunrise 7:00am or so, let the fog clear, or that bright light called the Sun come on! They have lights for shoot-off's, could be just like the Grand, shoot-off's start after Dark! Sunset 6:40 Attendance has been down this year most places,= finish sooner! 100 per trap faster,hope you get a good one? hand set will be slower anyway and in the past all Pat trap Lucky users had to wait for the handsets to finish before the next event! Years past 1st wave has been delayed! Shooting shadows sucks maybe we can wear lights on our hats! Ask Mo management when most of them are shooting,?? (they should have a good time too, but so should the rest of US!), bet it is not 1st wave or handsets!! I think Happy Shooters pay the bills and shoot more and return! Mo management can change the program for a later start! Maybe put in more Pats! Better targets less help faster waves,won,t be fighting 25 traps or so out of 60! It's promoted as "one of the premier vaction destinations", make it a premier trap shooting destination! I must be Dreaming. Camping cost is up, targets are up shells fuel....! Good Luck forced to shoot 1st wave shooters, hope you drag your feet for daylight, so maybe your scores will be good and we can be competitive too! Being in a Shoot-off, winning or posting a good score is much better than setting on the Porch!! Just MY 2cents Worth Comeon MO you can make it better for all! After all this is the SHOW Me State! It's the little thing that make a differance! Being able to see the Target! Can't see it can't breck it!!!

2. Jeff BT-99

Jeff BT-99 Member

Do they make you shoot early? I would love to shoot that early when I'm fresh. We've got the same type around here that believe high sun make's for high scores.

3. DC

DC TS Member

Handi Cap: all you have to do is use Presquad.com Only 3 waves offerd for daily 1st events. You should have good luck still finding a pat trap bank 1st out or handset traps facing northEast. What color lenses do you use for low light conditions I would like to know if you shoot good scores in early low light conditions. What I see is most of the top shooters squad late in the 1st events??? I know back a few years ago Mo.Homeboy Bigdogs presquaded by mail got 1st wave squads said "never again"! I wander why?? Maybe low scores?? Or Bad coffee?? I bet target setters are happy setting targets early after a long day before and trap-help are always cheery first thing!

4. jrb

jrb Member

I believe Randy Miller broke 100 straight from 27 on first flight out 2 years ago. He must have had a hard time seeing them that early.

J. R. Brock

5. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member

If you're not happy, stay home.

6. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Some people have to get up to do chores so they like to shoot early because they are up any way ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

7. DC

DC TS Member

Good on! Randy Miller must of had great day, some days big as paper plates some days aspirin! But look at presquading events 6,9,12,14 1st events lots of openings early, none later on Pat banks! Looks like most of the "Elite" shooters are on lastest waves avalible! Hmmm... do they know something others don't?? The site must not of crashed for them over and over. Oh well seems in the past a unknow out of state short yardage kicks-butt mid day anyway. They must have better target management skills, AAA 21 AAA minimum target requirements the Dream! Maybe I should take a Clinic! Buy the way many people do stay home because of the bias treatment and lack of Pat traps. Management can change start times, other states have to try to accomodate participates! Linn Creek could draw for banks and times? but hey that might be fair! Thanks Neil: for keeping Presquad out of the Grand!

8. scratcher

scratcher TS Member

Trapwife must have her undies in a bundle. DC's remarks have been echoed by others; wonder why the attendance has been dropping the last couple of years?

9. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

wish i could go i love shooting there. i didn't know about all these problems i just went and shot and had fun. haven't been since 04 and miss it badly. we used to all shoot handsets and didn't know any better. i'd take handsets and no voice release over not shooting at all. there are so many good places to eat and things to do at the lake after shooting is done to make the trip worthwhile. just my thoughts. jackmitch.

10. jrb

jrb Member

I have shot all up and down the line there.I could not tell you the difference...I have posted good scores and bad scores on each area of the trap line(bad scores might come from late nites exploring the nitelife and bloodshot eyes ). Wait and sign up when you get there if you want to be that specific on which traps you shoot on. A great place to shoot!

By the way trapwife...I wasnt being a smarta$$ when I asked you at the grand what Leo broke and you said 86...and I made the remark that he tied a great shooter(me)....as I walked away..I have only tied him once when it really mattered.

J. R. Brock

11. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member

J.R., I never gave your remark a second thought, knew you were just making conversation. For those who don't know, the MTA at Linn Creek is slowly replacing all the hand set traps with automatics. It takes ALOT of money to put new traps in 60 houses. Unlike some other shooting organizations, the Missouri board of directors is very conservative about spending their profits. I believe they have purchased 6 new automatics each year for the past several years. If anyone would like to DONATE a new trap, step right up, it could probably be arranged for you to shoot on your own trap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.