1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fall Classic at Sparta pics included

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Kent, Sep 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kent

Kent TS Member

Weather has been perfect for this weekend at Sparta. The Southern Promotions people have put on a very nice event along with the help of Mike Hampton, John Bull and many others.

Yesteday was almost perfect with a free patio dinner and band set up behind the CEB. The main Hall was being used by the Sparta High School Homecomeing dance.

I say it was almost perfect because the dinner did not start until 8:00 PM and I was getting a little hungry by then.

Yesderdays Singles Championship was won by Randy Miller, with Kirk Sanders takeing runner up and tournament director Mike Hampton takeing AA honers.

The Handicap was won by Missourian Don Sappington with a 99 from the back fence.

[​IMG]

This picture is of the 200 straight shooters, Kirk Sanders on the left, Randy Miller center and Mike Hampton on the right.

[​IMG]

This is the handicap winner, Don Sappington.

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Kent,

How were the crowds and did you do any good ..? WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. Kent

Kent TS Member

Bill the crowd was smaller than I thought would be there but the competition level was very high. A noticable lack of certain faces that fear Sparta will take away the Illinois State shoot from Brittany. I must admit they should be nervous.

I was on a good squad, Kirk Sanders led us with one of the 200 straights, Clayborn Hunter and I had 197's and Randy Cordray broke 195. I did better in my caps than usuall but still only an 88.

4. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Yep, all those of us that can't be there appreciate it greatly. And Kent is a great guy with a positive attitude. John

5. Kent

Kent TS Member

Thank you Denny and John. I took a break from TS.com for the last month or so because there were too many silly threads going around by some posters that just wanted to see their fake sign on names in print.

I have a couple of more pics of the shoot from yesterday.
    During the shoot off for singles champion, I was trying to catch the target break. I was just a few thousands of a second off this shot but I did catch the shot string and what appears to be the blur of the wad.

[​IMG]

Just before the free dinner I walked back out to my truck to get my camera and caught the setting sun on the west end trap line...

[​IMG]

I think the Southern Promotions Fall Classic will grow into a very nice annual shoot. Watch for it next year.

6. guncase

guncase TS Member

I hope that it does "catch on" as the place to shoot. Illinois taxes have made it a shooters dream,,,,,,,,,,,,,,But,,if they walk away from Larry at Brittany with the State Shoot and take it to Sparta,, I will never shoot it there. Have shot the shoot for 15 yrs,,he has had some weather problems but has done all he could to have good shoots. People ask why he don't buy auto traps,,, could this be why???/
    Larry stepped up with a bunch of money when they needed it, and to abandon his club now just would be a rotten thing to do!!

Course thats the way people do business now days.

7. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

Glad to see some green grass, it was pretty darn brown at the Grand. Little rain, an extended growing season and it should keep getting better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.