1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fake sick note Doctors

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Hardage, Feb 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hardage

Hardage TS Member

Saw on Fox news website that a Wisconsin doctor upset as I am by my fellow physicians handing out fake sick notes to protestors has posted names and phone numbers. I have not verified these numbers but those inclined to call them and ask why they were handing out notes to people standing out in the cold with pro union signs were deemed to sick to go to work.

Dr. Sanner 608-241-9020
    Dr. Keevil 608-274-1100
    Dr. Shropshire 608-222-8779
    Dr. Micke 608-890-9444

If they indeed are the ones, it is my opinion they should have their licenses suspended for a period of time as well as a fine. The people who turn in these notes so they can be paid for that day are guilty of fraud against the taxpayors.

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Were the protestors charged for an office visit paid for by their health insurance? HMB

3. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Fox news reported that the state is investigating these Dr's It would be nice to see them go on unemployment for several months.

4. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

They probably don't have unemployment benefits so just take theit license for a yr---SJB---

5. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Just google the doctor's name Hannah Keevil. It's all over the internet.

Don

6. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

There is more to the fake sick notes than meets the eye. There is an article written by a physician in Townhall.com that explains the attitude of these university doctors, and newly graduated ones. These are the same doctors that will take care of you in Obamacare. I posted a link to that article in "The Future of Medicine seen in Wisconsin?" (2/22). Sorry for the hijack but this issue is so important; the public needs to be warned as to what is on the health care horizon. Chichay

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Mak4e them see a doctor upon their return and if they're not sick - fire them on the spot.

8. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

If they were real doctors they were engaged in defrauding the state of Wisconsin, the teacher's employer. Together with the teachers both parties engaged in conspiracy to defraud.

9. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

there goes Doctor-Patient confidentiality....additionally you sound like you want to harass them....I'm surpised the moderator on here has not removed this post by now.

10. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Sernv99: You are kidding, right??

11. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

esoxhunter: so it is the public's business the reason why Teacher X went to go see their physician? Geez, that's a new one to me....what's next, asking for their stool sample or lab results from their blood work they had done?

12. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

the doctor who posted the alledged "fraud" should be directing the information to the state, not to the media. Posting their names on here and having Trapshooter Elmer Fudd call up the doctors and go off on some rant does not resolve the problem. You make yourself look like a creepy stalker, harassing people. what's next, paying them a visit and harassing them at the office?

13. Model Number 12

Model Number 12 TS Member

99 these "doctors" were filmed handing out these illness excuse forms in the middle of a protest in a public forum to anybody who asked for one. This is a far cry from a doctors office or a hospital examining room and to argue that it deserves the same protection is a real stretch that does nothing to advance your arguement.

These "doctors" were expecting that their word would be accepted simply because of who they are. This at the least is a betrayal of professional ethics, and an insult to the trust that the public places in doctors. It may also very well be illegal.

If those teachers wanted to skip work to protest at the state capital then they should do so at their own peril. To seek out and submit a medical excuse that they know to be false to protect them from the possible consequences of that decision is a fraud that amounts to stealing from the taxpayers who provide the money that pays them.

14. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

sernv99, you're stretching the reality big time on this one. It is Fraud. Falsification of any medical document is also a breech of their moral oath, and breaking the law. Their License should be revoked.

Maybe from now on those doctors should be paid with fake money?

15. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

post the link to the story....just going off of the OP's posting, there is not much info to go on....some doctor posting the names of other doctors who gave fake "sick" note excuses....there was no mention of the doctors in question being filmed in public, etc.

Also, why would you advocate for a bunch of posters on here to call the doctors in question?? What does that do? Leave the regulation and enforcement to the state, not to someone from ts.com.

Edit: link to story posted above. I would agree then, this is fraud and the doctors in question should be investigated. OP should had given more details or a link to the story. I stand by my statement that posting names on here and advocating TS.com members to call the doctors being investigated is not the solution.

16. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Throw even more money at it, that'll fix it.

17. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

servn99, Read the cnsnews article posted by stokinpls. You refuse to get your head out of the sand and see the light.

Fox had an actual tape of one of the doctors writing an excuse for one of their news people posing as a teacher protestor. Video, audio, the whole works. It was very obvious that he was purposely writing a bogus excuse. She even informed the doctor that nothing was wrong with her, but she didn't want to get in trouble for skipping work. You'll never see it on CBS, NBC, CBS, or CNN.

18. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

I posted the link already, get your reading glasses on and re-read my post....

19. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

This is a matter for the medical licensing authority in Wisconsin. Physicians who work in a university setting usually also hold a faculty appointment as a Professor or Associate Professor; ergo, they are also teachers. Therein lies a multitude of 'problems'. The University of Wisconsin is already looking into the matter. I respectfully suggest that you refrain from calling the involved physicians, and leave it for the proper authorities to handle. In the interest of this discussion, I am a physician. Chichay

20. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

O/U: read a few posts up where I included the link to the story and additional comments.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.