1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fake Perazzi

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Tron, Jan 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

You can always tell a fake Perazzi from a real one because it DOESN'T come with a bag of spare parts.

Tron

2. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

Yes,

I remember years ago there was a full page add, all in bright red in Trap & Field Magazine. If you call someone at Trap & Field they might be able to recall the add and send you a copy. If I remember the add it was on their real high grade models only.

Dennis DeVault

3. Baber

Baber TS Member

Yes... there are a few fake Perazzi's out there. They are called Kemen, Gamba and a few other names.

TB

4. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Is it true that a Perazzi is just a fake Bt-99?

Nyuk nyuk

Gne J.

5. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

<a href="http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d184/Jerbear1098/Gifs/?action=view&current=cid_001501c78f38369e19e06401a8c0you.gif" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Back at it again I see.... Cool!!!

Jerbear

6. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

At the last '70's and a bit after, there was a flood of fake SCO Perazzis - standard MX-8's dressed in tuxedos - , some with engraving done in Europe, some by an engraver brought over stateside specially for the task. The only way to tell for sure is to send the serial number of a gun you may be thinking buying and getting confirmation that it really is what it is being represented to be.

Neil

7. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

Before making a M21 GA, you had to start with a real M21. So I believe you have to start with a real Perazzi and then try to create one of the SCO Grades which always will get you into trouble because you have to buff off original markings and come up with an excuse for that. At one point in time, Perazzi would help to verify guns suspected of "upgrading". I have never held a Kemen gun in my hands or seen a Kemen trigger but I suspect it would be a lot more difficult to disguise an non-Perazzi as a Perazzi.

8. redix

redix TS Member

Isn't the Perazzi a Kemen wannabe?

9. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

The Chinese are going market a full line of Perazzis average price about $500 per copy.

Don

10. fearlessfain

fearlessfain TS Member

the average shooter has never heard of a kemen and i have been shooting for over fifty years and have never seen one, but i have seen and owned several perazzis.

11. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Whe the BT-99 first came out it was refered to as the poor man's Perazzi. Still is.

12. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

The BT99 is more like an old LC Smith SBT gun if you see them side by side. They both have a round barrel chamber.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.