Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fajen stock on k80

4K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  shark1 
#1 ·
I was wondering if any k80 shooters who have, or have had Fajen adjustable stocks feel they are too heavy? I have an older k80 it has the adjustable Fajen stock with comb, lop, rot, ect. I feel this stock makes the gun too heavy and out of balance. I must admit I am not a very big person. I was wondering what other shooters feel, get a new stock? or take metal hardware out and add plastic spacers and pad? Or lastly these stocks are great and its me the shooter. I feel like I am pushing the gun not shooting it. I am always slow getting on the target. LOP is just right 13,7/8. Comb just right, but heavy to the feel. I like the gun, but she has got lose some lbs.
Mike Sharkey, DC

#5 ·
In theory at least if your buttstock is heavy, it would move the balance to the rear and make your gun lighter in front and easier to move. With all its great qualities few people would call the K80 lively. Have you shot a K80 with any other stock? If not, try one with a standard factory stock and see what it does for you. A Fajen stock can no doubt be on the chunky side but I don't know if that's what causing your problem

#10 ·
In my hands the K guns are good feeling guns same as the Winchester Super X 1 .I own both but they are heavy guns and thats what i like in them both. Maybe if you want a more responsive gun i would suggest looking else where. My K gun and most all that i have handled are on heavy side . Now assuming maybe thats 1 reason you saw a lite weight model in the skeet world.JM2C

#11 ·
Got to be honest I wanted k80 and bought one. I never shot one before buying it. I just wanted to see what the rage was. It reminds me of my Mercedes 300sd excellent car but slow. I do own a older perazzi SC1 now that gun is a lot lighter. It is a krieghoff and I can always get my money back out of it.
Mike Sharkey, DC

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.