1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fairfax Gun club info

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by sernv99, Nov 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

I think you need to be a guest of a regular member to shoot at Fairfax Rod and Gun club...

your best bet would be Bull Run in Centreville (my home club). It's about 20 to 25 minutes from Herndon (I live in Sterling, next door to Herndon). They usually have only one trap range going, and on the weekends usually the two skeet fields are running concurrently. The wobble trap can be busy. Sporting clays is automated and costs $20/50 targets. Trap/wobble,skeet is $5/25 and 5 stand is $7.50 I think for 25 targets. The guns for rental are a mix of older Browning Citori, newer Browning X25 series guns and Beretta semi-autos in mostly 28 and 30 inch configuration...I think they have some rental 20 gauges as well. Go to walmart or Dicks to get your ammo. They charge too much for the cheap ammo at Bull Run. There is a Dicks Sporting Goods in Fairfax (Fairlakes section) which is about 10 minutes away from Bull Run and there is a Walmart in the same general area. There is also a Walmart in the Sterling/Dulles area and a Dicks store as well, both within 10 to 15 minutes from Herndon. The Dicks in Fairfax has better deals on ammo. The Walmart in Sterling has better selection of ammo.

2. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

oh forgot to add...Bull Run opens up at 12pm Wed -Friday for sporting clays...don't know about the trap/skeet/5 stand ranges...it's the end of Daylight Savings Time now so they may open those up early as well (they opened up those fields at 3pm during DST).

3. Anchorsteam

Anchorsteam TS Member

...I will be at Fairfax R&G the Holiday weekend 1130 and Sunday at 1000 for the League. Why don't you come out - I'll sponsor you in for some Trap. PM me for cell number...let double check on the League for the Holiday weekend.

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

Rich- Accept the invitation to shoot at Fairfax. It is a great place to shoot.

Pat Ireland

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

rich- You will enjoy shooting with Lacy and Betty. They are fine people. By noon the turkeys and deer should be out of the shot fall zone.

Pat Ireland

6. lacy

lacy TS Member

Pat

Thanks for the nice words. Hope you have a geat Thanksgiving.

Lacy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.