1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fairchild Gun sales

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dbl Auto, Jun 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

Has anybody seen Fairchild's guns sales at any shoots as of late? He was at the Ohio State shoot last year and had a over priced Green Browning Double Automatic for sale. I hope he will be there again this year as I have some money ready for it, if he will take a fair market value for it.
    Doug Allison

2. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Faichild's and fair market value in the same sentence is the joke of the day. Thay will skin you from head to toe and want more when it grows back.

3. TNCoach

TNCoach Member

I think they're a regular at the KY State Shoot.

TNCoach

4. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Did some trading with them at the MO Fall Hdc. Just had one minor misunderstanding before the transaction was completed.LOL

Steve

5. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Seen them several times this year.

6. Duck

Duck Member

Elmer is Great!., just listening to him while you or someone else is dealing
    on a gun is priceless!.

7. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

There are Elmer Dollars and then there are real dollars. When you put real dollars in Elmer's face he usually pays attention. I would approach him on the double auto when he isn't busy w/ customers interested in buying guns worth 10 to 20 times what the double auto is worth. Early on at a shoot may be better also.

8. acorange

acorange Well-Known Member

Here in Iowa at the state shoot we usually end up shopping at what we affectionately call "Fairchilds Fine Fu--ing.

9. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I don't recall Elmer ever forceing anyone to deal with him but after the deal he is always smiling ... Bet he was one hell of a horse trader in his day ... He can probably make a Mule into a horse if you like the color ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

10. TNCoach

TNCoach Member

I was looking around for a few minutes before he swooped in to prey on me, but when he found out I was looking for a lefty he told me to go dig around the trailer.

It was over 110 degrees in the sweat house and could tell everything had been thown into a big pile quite a few times...it was like digging around a junk yard.

My 2 Cents,
    TNCoach

11. OK_Shooter

OK_Shooter TS Member

He (Elmer) was at the Oklahoma State Shoot. After seeing an $1,800 price tag on a worn out BT-99 Max and 5K on a used KX-5, I decided to look elswhere. Picked up a very nice BT-100 for a good price at Gray's Shotgun Cache.

Phil

12. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Elmer tries to slip it to you w/o vaseline if he can, if he can't he gets the vaseline out and tries again. Cash in hand works aqnd no need to bend over.

Have haqd many cautious deals w/Elmer, caution cannot be stressed enough.

GB
    DLS

13. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I'll never forget my one major deal with Elmer many years ago. I had a Krieghoff ULM 3 barrel set I was dieing to get rid of for quite awhile. Old Elmer came by and said he really wanted it so go over and pick out a few guns to your liking and we'll do the deal. Of course, I jumped at the opportunity and really felt I snookered the "grand master" good.

Next day he came over and said "you really thought you got me-didn't you. well, I just traded that one off to Glen Rea for two new K-80 combos".

So much for that supposed victory!!

14. TNCoach

TNCoach Member

I saw one of his offspring at Sparta get bent out of shape when Giacamo wouldn't let him fondle a very very expensive PGun without an adult.

I wouldn't let the young man touch my Beretta let alone a show quality firearm!

My 2 Cents,
    TNCoach

15. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Years ago Elmer and Gene Sears showed up at the Waukesha state shoot. Obviously Elmer did not realize that the entire state of Wisconsin, especially the Milwaukee area have some of the cheapest, tightest people on earth living in this area. Infact, the milwaukee area is a test market for companies. If you can sell something to a Milwaukee resident, you can sell the product anywhere in the country. At that time new BT99's were selling in the area for $400.00. I asked Elmer how much for a used Bt and he said $700.00. I told him I did not want to become part owner, only to purchase a used BT 99. Needless to say I and many other Wisconsinites did not purchase much from him. Infact, we have not seen Elmer since.
    Steve Balistreri

16. bluedevil

bluedevil Active Member

Have had several visits with him, all bad! He insulted me, I invited him to the parking lot, he declined. All mouth!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
fairchild gun sales

fairchild guns

fairchild shot guns for sale
fairchilds trap guns