1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fair Price for Used Briley Tubes

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by trinketshooter, Sep 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trinketshooter

trinketshooter TS Member

What is a fair price for a used set of 32" Briley Ultimate Ultralite tubes? Neil Swenson

2. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

My guess is half of what a new fitted set costs. It probably depends on what gun the tubes are fitted to. Most guns today are made to such close tolerances that the fitted tube set can be used in another gun of the same make and model.

Briley will not re-fit tubes to another gun.

My Briley Ultralite tubed for my Browning 425 will not go in my Browning XS Skeet because the bore in the XS Skeet is .oo1" smaller than the 425.

Jim Skeel

3. trinketshooter

trinketshooter TS Member

My gun is a 32" K80 Trap Special and I have been offered a set made for the same gun for $1100, but I thought that for that price it might be worth paying the extra few hundred to have set made and have the warranty. I have not tried them to see if they fit but the chances are probably pretty good that they would. Neil

4. fly

fly Active Member

Most tubes are fit in two locations, choke and chamber. If the chamber is slightly loose, you can lightly put some Nail polish on the chamber(you skeet haters will enjoy this) and tap it in. This also works on fitted tubes that have lost their interference fit from years of use. Ultimate Ultra-lights are around 1800.00 dollars, if they fit your gun give the guy a fair price, I don't think 50 cents on the dollar is fair to the seller.

5. trinketshooter

trinketshooter TS Member

I wonder if Briley would still honor the warranty on the tubes? Neil

6. trinketshooter

trinketshooter TS Member

I have Ultimate Ultralites for my SKB and when I bought them last year they said that their warranty was for life. Neil

7. high 2

high 2 Member

For the gun they were made for. Call them and ask. It`s a no brainer. Would you stand behind them knowing they were made for a different barrel. NO!! Why would they? Larry

8. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Larry's right. The warrenty is VOID if you use in another barrel. My set has guns S number and the tubes S number on my packet in the paperwork they sent me. So they have it on record at their place as well. If my tubes are sent in with someone else barrels its a no go. Once fitted, the tubes need to stay with that barrel for life. Its plain and simple. You need to sell them with barrel, or the whole gun w/ barrel. Nuff Said. Break-em all. Jeff

9. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

"I have not tried them to see if they fit but the chances are probably pretty good that they would."

And if they don't fit, what do you have?

10. Miles_B

Miles_B TS Member

If any one has a set of 32" tubes regardless of what they where fit to I would be interested in purchasing them. Email with what yo have.

11. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

I have s set of Briley Ultra-lites with 4 choke per gauge in a Warrior soft case that also holds a gun and barrels. They are 30" long and were made for my 34" Perazzi which has .740 bore barrels. I had Briley make them 4 inches short with the idea of saving some weight at the muzzle. They are in perfect condition and I would sell for $900.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.