1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

FAIR price for OS AA 20 ga OF

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Shooting Coach, Aug 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

I need to know a fair price for Old Style AA Once fired 20 ga hulls. These have been scrounged over the years while working big Skeet shoots in Middle Tenn, when there WERE big Skeet shoots here.

I am not offering them for sale on this forum, but a good friend wants them, and I am getting out of every ga but 12. This is a 39 gallon can, and all hulls have been inspected and are OS OF. I don't have a clue how many there are. I would guesstimate at least 4,000. A heaping White Flyer target box holds about 800.

What is a fair Friend-to-Friend price for these? Right now, they are more in the way than anything else. I see some stuff for sale that is insultingly high. I don't play that game. I don't buy at retail, and I don't sell at retail.

I am getting out of NSSA registered four gauge Skeet, and into Intl' disciplines, and staying with ATA, of course! I still shoot "that other game" with a 12 ga.

2. almost unemployed

almost unemployed TS Member

$100 to a good friend. 5 cents each=$200, so half price.

3. Shooting Coach

Gee, that sounds like a brother-in-law price! LOL

4. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

5c each is a fair price. I just sold 650 AAHS 20ga hulls on here for that amt plus shipping.

5. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

In the past I have sold them for 10 cents each.

6. Shooting Coach

I did not figure the dime was too high, considering what STS hulls are going for.

$150 seems considerably under wholesale. Thanks, all.

7. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

I would condider 4-5 cents each a deal from a good friend since he could get at least twice that on the web.
    And to me older style are better. They lasted a lot longer in the crimp.
    Just picked up a box of 1x fired AA new hulls & at least 1/2 were split & powder burned at the crimp

8. mtnmax925

mtnmax925 TS Member

PM sent

9. Shooting Coach

Actually, I prefer the Remmy GC and field load hulls over the new AA style. The Old Styles were the Gold Standard.

10. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Well if it's a friend then give them to him. If you can't bring yourself to do that then sell them here for $0.04 each

11. Nebraskashooter

Nebraskashooter Member

Let me see here..........

1) they are in your way.

2) you picked them up for free.

3) you want to make money off a friend.

4) Really glad I don't have friends like you!!!!!!!!!!!

12. mtnmax925

mtnmax925 TS Member

PM sent

13. Shooting Coach

Dear Nebraska shooter

I normally would not bite on this lure, but the friend is an honorable person who has INSISTED on paying something for these. He has said he wanted to pay for them. I do not associate with less than honorable folks.

Also, by picking them up and sorting them, I do have quite a bit of time invested in them.

I typically perform annuals on his firearm for wholesale cost of parts, and have sold him shot and powder at or below wholesale, and will likely do so again. You would LOVE to have a friend like me. :^)

14. FN in MT

FN in MT TS Member

Nickel a piece IS still a deal. I'm paying that for the new HS hulls right now.

FN

15. Nebraskashooter

Nebraskashooter Member

Seriously here is what I would do if it were a friend of mine. If he insisted on paying then I would just name some price that doesn't sound out of line and ask him to pay by check. Then I would tear up his check and send it back saying you are a friend and I will not take payment. If you don't want to do this then ask him to do some thing he would normally do anyhow like buy you dinner some time or drive to the next shoot, etc. That way it actually does not cost him anything since he would have done it anyhow. You could also just take them to his house when he is not home and leave them there with a note thanking him for some thing he has done for you in the past without taking payment.

That is just me though. I have sold guns to friends for what I paid for them or less(if they could not afford it) when I could have sold them for much much more but again that is just me. I have GIVEN scopes that I bought new to friends because I no longer needed them and the list goes on.
    To me a friend does NOT make money off a friend!!! You brought up your time?????!!!! A TRUE friend doesn't make a friend pay for his time!!

While I like joking around probably more than most I am dead serious on this.

16. Shooting Coach

I have considered giving the friend Remington Gun Clubs gratis. I load them myself over the primo hulls, and tube guns like them.

As far as leaving them on his porch, what if he lives next door to another Skeet shooter? They might disapear from his porch! LOL

17. mtnmax925

mtnmax925 TS Member

PM sent

18. Bulldog50

Bulldog50 TS Member

If he is a good friend, how about just having him take you (and maybe wives) out to a nice dinner and have that be the price for the shells ? That way you did not take "money" from a friend and he "spent" money in exchange for the hulls. Beyond that, make a barter. A case or 2 of beer, or a nice bottle of hooch or cigars. Something you can share with him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.