1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Fair price for Fed Gold Medals

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 686beretta, Jun 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 686beretta

686beretta TS Member

I have ran across a guy who isn't shooting anymore he has @2500 once fired Gold Medals plastic for sale 4 cents each a bargain or not
  2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

There was some years where there the Gold Medal hulls were very thin and not real desired. I believe the older ribbed Gold Medals were the preferred hulls. That price is just ok. I sold the majority of what I had for 3 cents each.
  3. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned

.03 cents max, and not for the smoothie hulls.

Gary
  4. 320090T

320090T Active Member

How about the new AA's?
  5. grntitan

If you want the new AA's really cheap, send me a PM and I'll make you a heck of a deal on all the gray and red once fired AA's I have left. I have quite a few too.
  6. 686beretta

686beretta TS Member

The hulls he has were bought earlier this year and are NOT smooth what do you guys think? Good deal or pass?
  7. grntitan

I would ask him if he could do .03 cents each. If not, I'd pass. There is just better hulls out there for the money. However, a good deal is when both buyer and seller are happy. If it wouldn't bother you to pay your buddy .04/ hull then by all means enjoy.
  8. slide action

slide action Active Member

I would say 3 cents is about tops.--- Most "new style" AAs are running around 2 cents, from what I see. They are two piece construction and the plastic is very brittle in them. ---STS Remingtons are still "king" 4 to 5 on them most of the time.
  9. wolfram

wolfram Active Member

You can get equivelent performance from the Estate or Top Gun hulls you see being tossed buy the dumpster load at most trap ranges. Why pay $100 for no apparent reason - doesn't sound like there is a freinship involved....
  10. 635 G

635 G Active Member

I sell Federal GM's---4 cents, Remington STS 4 cents and I give away everything else.

Phil Berkowitz
  11. sidious

sidious Member

About how many times can you reload Federal GM in 12ga?
  12. Avaldes

Avaldes Active Member

I like GM's for reloading. They make a nice shell with Federal components. Personally I wouldn't get too wrapped around the axel about spending 3 vs 4 cents per hull. That really doesn't add up to very much money at the end of the day.
  13. Kevin Fleming

Kevin Fleming Member

I wouldn't sweat $25 over hulls I was going to stuff 1000s of dollars of components into..... just sayin

K
  14. dgh

dgh Member

Loading Green Dot,, I get 6 to 10 reloads, kind of just depends, typically 6, My reloads are not 1250fps.

and I see them sell often and fast @ 4 cents
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.