1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

fair price for a rem 90-t

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Hinkton, May 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hinkton

Hinkton TS Member

What would be a fair price to pay for a Rem 90-T shotgun, with a Kolar release trigger, Kolar choke tubes (5), an ported barrel from Kolar. Condition 97%
    THANK YOU
    Hank

2. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Low Rib---$1800.00
    High Rib---2100.00

3. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

With the Kolar release and 97% condition...I'd say $2100 for a low rib and $2500 for a high.

Buz

4. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Just going by the prices I see at gun clubs . As for the release alot of shooters would not need it so it cwould not be a plus.

5. Bridger

Bridger Member

I think you've been given a good range of prices provided the factory updates have been done. If not, you're looking at about $350 in repairs as its likely you'll need to have them done at some point.

6. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

Alf-99, I disagree about the release not being a plus. That's an excellent release a lot of 90-T shooters would like to have and would be willing to trade their pull and good cash to get it.

Bridger, the 90-T's that have been out of the box this long and haven't been modified probably don't need it. I shot mine 11 years and never had a problem with either issue. When the locking block needed replaced recently Kolar did the 8 deg. cut, but the forestock is still original and still going.

Buz

7. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I paid $2,900 for my nib high rib and would do it again, great gun good balance.

8. leadspreader

leadspreader TS Member

check out bt100 ed on this site he has a 90t low rib at a very reasonable price. i bought one from him a month ago and it was everything he said it was stand up guy to do business with.

9. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I have not seen a high rib for much under $3000 lately

10. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Brand new, the guns were $2900/$3500 respectively. I swapped out the release for a pull using the GunDr (Doug Braker) for a nominal cost and I can always convert it back.

While "aftermarket", the Kolar chokes are from the "Mfr". Updates, even though my gun was as tight as a frog's tush, I still had the forend update done and had Braker do a full service - oiling and springs - the gun is now as new.

At $1800 +/-, you're getting a single barrel Kolar for 25-30% of the T/S price.
    My $0.02,

Jay

11. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

A trap guns value is totaly dependent on demand and location . I have not seen the 90T selling much over $1800.00 for a low rib . As for the release trigger Kolar made two . The early release had a soft pin in the hammer and over time gave the shooter a faster trigger untill it would not hold anymore . I have seen high rib guns with a price of around $3,000 but have not seen them sell at that price .

12. BRGII

BRGII TS Member

I have a like new in the original box, with tools, booklet, and the necessary pieces to change it back to a pull. kolar release and factory full choke barrel with the better wood that I wouldn't sell for less than $2,200. It also has the updates. Just my two cents worth. BRGII

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.