1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Failed attempt to cancel entire post

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by luvtrapguns, Jul 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Anyone know how to completely cancel a post when it is no longer needed? It's easy to cancel or change message but how do you eliminate your entire post including the HEADLINE when it's no longer needed? Thanks, Marc

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Marc. Only mods can do that and as I think are reluctant to do so. Primarily because the archives of TS.com are in fact valuable info to all of us.

It is possible to replace all your characters with a period bu you cannot delete anyone else's posts. Only they can do that.

So, let it go.

3. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I don't believe you can delete a thread if anyone else has posted comments.

You can get rid of your comments, but that's about it.

Or you can wait for 3 to 4 days and it will fall off by itself.

Kevin

4. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

0   0   0

gp1217

"just did it on a couple of my old ones."

I don't believe you did it on a couple of old one as he is trying to delete the entire thread and you have only started one thread.

Bob Lawless

5. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Bob, I think the OP wants to cancel the "thread" not the post.

6. ivanhoe

0   0   0

bigdogtx Please reread my post as I believe that is exactly what I said.

gp1217 said he did it with a couple of old one, well in his posting history he has only started 1 thread so I find it hard to believe he would be able to delete/edit a couple if he only stated 1.

Bob Lawless

7. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Bob, correct. I mis-read. OOPS.

8. ivanhoe

0   0   0

gp1217

"I usually remove my threads once I have the information that I need. That is why there was only one thread with my name on it. Now there are none.

So tell me if there are none what was the title of the one with your name on it???

If you can remember the thread with your name on it do a search on the title and tell me what you get.

I started a thread back in May it was titled "FS Ljutic Mono Gun" I just deleted it(at 3 AM)yet if you look for it it is still there and if you click on "Display Deleted Messages" you will see that it is still on the board and the only messages that are deleted. This encludes the first message which I guess should prove to your computer whiz and kid that is cracking up about this. He doesn't seem to know everything either, What do ya think....LOL

Bob Lawless

9. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Bob. I knew that was coming and it makes me laugh. His kid may be a computer whiz but we know the TS forum system like he doesn't. Reminds me of shooting at the MN state shoot Thursday. I happend to get on a long yardage squad of guys from my home club with one youngish lad That proclaimed he was a 90s average 27 yard shooter. He shot to my left on 3 and I only once saw the temper tantrums as he missed targets. He broke about 80 and the rest of us old farts were happy with our 90 scores. He was a junior and will be for a long time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.