1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

factory ammo @ the Grand

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by maclellan1911, Mar 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I will not be attending, most likely not for many years. BUT I think THOSE in charge should have made it clear @ the start of last years grand about the change in ammo.. I dont know about others but I had my budget and ammo reloaded for this 2010 ATA back in October 09.

is it me, or will the top shooters that make it to the shoot off most likely have some sort of sponsor ship?

2. jim brown

jim brown Well-Known Member

Have you ever heard the term "whipping a dead horse"?

jim brown

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

sorry jim, I just like to talk, rant, moan.....what ever you want to call it.
    Chime in if you wish or not?

4. crusha

crusha TS Member

"Let them shoot factory loads - if $12 extra per event is too much...screw them, they shouldn't be shooting anyway."

-Marie Antoinette, 2010

5. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Jim, I beleive it is "Beating a dead horse" not "Whipping a dead horse" of course I could be wrong. Bulge.

6. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

Do the top shooters get free ammo from their sponsors?

7. Butler

Butler TS Member

I think the ata is trying to turn a much needed profit on the only shoot that they can make any money on besides daily fees........ammo was part of the grand as long as I can remember, if I can't afford the difference between reloads and new bullets, I'll stay home Jim Butler.

8. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Hey good point WHO gets those empties @ the grand ?
    Once again I have been told Im either to poor, to young or to skinny to be shooting trap....giggle. Well soon enough I will be mortgage free, fat and old do then I can shoot trap with new boolits

9. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

Missed some, what brand of factory shell do you plan to shoot at the Sparta Grand this year? Perhaps some shooters will want your empties.

10. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Can we shoot NEW factory ammo NOT PURCHASED @ THE GRAND?

11. zinger

zinger Member

no, your new shells will be included in your entry fee. So leave your new ones at home

12. GRR

GRR TS Member

I wonder if that $100,000 was equally split for each event in the Grand Week, and reloads allowed would their be such a fuss?

13. slipping into darkness

slipping into darkness TS Member

New Shell's Forever, it's time to clean house and get rid of the "riff-raff"! First raise the A.T.A. yearly fee to 250.00 and Life to 10,000.00!! plus you must have at least 250.000.00 in asset, but more will assure your acceptance in a more timely manner. Now that should stop all the whining? Let's go Shoot! "slid" P.S.-- You probability didn't know this, but it really wasn't formed for the common folk. It's like the Fox hunts in good old England. some things were just not for everbody.. Have a good Day.

14. GRR

GRR TS Member

I don't understand....forcing you to buy factory shells is like forcing you to buy Obomacare. For all you shooters that want new shells, do you want Obomacare? Why does the few want to change the rest?

15. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Awful analogy.....

Try a recast with better bait!

Curt

16. slipping into darkness

slipping into darkness TS Member

I used way to much chum! should have used a lite weight fly rod, and just tease them to start with. "slid"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.