1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Faces of the Fallen

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Drew Hause, Apr 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drew Hause

Drew Hause Well-Known Member

Please click on the link and see the faces and names of soldiers who have died in Iraq and Afganistan. If you'll click over Arizona, you'll find a number of Latino (and Native American) names. No doubt some are of Mexican-American heritage, very possibly they, their parents or grandparents came to the U.S. illegally.
    Out of respect for their sacrifice maybe we could stop with the 'Mexican' jokes.

I'm outraged by those whose primary allegiance is to another country while demanding their 'right' to all the benefits of U.S. citizenship, favor arrest and deportation of ANYONE here illegally, with construction of an Israel like border fence between the U.S. and Mexico, but can have that opinion without the need to be insulting.

Or not if you wish. It's a free country...because of the sacrifice of many...with 'Mexican' names.

2. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Drew that is a good gesture

As long as they quit making jokes about the Polish, Italians, Swedes, Norwegians, Danes, English,Germans, and all the other immigrants

Being Mexican is not a race last time I checked it is a country

3. jbbor

jbbor Active Member

AND Christians!!

4. Drew Hause

Luke 6:22 "BLESSED are you when men hate you, when they exclude you and insult you and reject your name as evil, because of the Son of Man."

John 15:18 "If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first."

Christians should be thankful that the world sees enough Christ in them to hate, and respond to that hatred with love (Matthew 5:43-48). But we need to be sure it IS Christ in us, and not our sin they hate.

That does NOT however mean that we do not have the right to defend ourselves and our families, or confront evil with force. Letting a meth addict rob me and steal my car only enables sin, and hatred for Jesus has nothing to do with his actions.

Our Quaker, Mennonite, and Amish Anabaptist cousins would disagree.

5. Catpower

I harbor no hate for any other people

I have many many Hispanic friends and we tell jokes about each others ethnic back round all the time

We are above the PC crap that is ruining this country, the sooner the rest of the country got over it also the better the place would be

For Pete's sake they are jokes

6. Drew Hause

Catpower: things may be different here in AZ. Most nights the local news has images like this of an illegal demanding their 'rights' while waving a Mexican flag on U.S. soil

386289367.jpg

with daily stories of a Mexican national who has beaten his live-in girlfriend's kid to death, carjacked a lady with her child in a carseat while high on meth, busted for dog fighting, or running drugs or 'migrants'. For many Anglos, the word 'Mexican' is usually preceeded by da..n or f..k..g.

Being sensitive to the toxic atmosphere out here and trying to be respectful toward another American with a Mexican heritage is not P.C.

7. Catpower

That is why the PC BS is ruining this country, they use the Mexican American, African American as a way to emphasis their ethnicity to help with the "diversity" process

If they are a citizen of this country they are Americans only

8. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Darn right Catpower. My great grandparents came over from Germany. They didn't get, or expect to get anything they didn't earn, and they worked to make their township and county a better place. Of course the government didn't advertise free crap either. Yes many were stubborn and hard headed, but they laughed about it too. Many were treated like sh-t. Had a number of uncles that fought in WWI (against their own relatives)

9. Catpower

Setterman that is what I have been trying to get across, my Grandparents came over from Sweden and back then it was swim or sink, now the new illegals think that they are owed something when they get here

They may not feel that way as soon as they get here but the libs will lead the way to show them how to get on the dole

10. darr

darr Well-Known Member

I don't agree with any liberal whether he be white,brown,red or yellow.To me they are equally worthless.A joke is a joke.The problem with most of the jokes I have read here is they just aren't funny.To me that's offensive!

Darr

11. Drew Hause

This is not a joke, and things will get much worse

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.