1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Facebook....anti-gun?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by AllAmer4, Jan 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AllAmer4

AllAmer4 Member

Has anyone ever tried to advertise gun related items on Facebook? I recently had some ads rejected and the only reason I found was because it contained a gun reference (trapshooting).

Just wondering if anyone has had any luck with that platform.

Thanks!

Dean

2. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

The information you want isn't hard to find: click the "Advertising" link at the bottom of the home page and navigate to the "prohibited items" section of their ad guidelines: <I>Facebook Ad Policy: Prohibited Items</I>

MK

3. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Most media outlets seem to be anti-gun to one degree or another. I recently tried to advertise some Smith & Wessons in our local newspaper's classified section and was told they do not accept ads for handguns. And I could be wrong, but while I've seen ads for the local Bass Pro Shop in the newspaper, only the multi-page BPS and Cabela's flyers inserted in the paper have mentioned handguns.

Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

facebook anti gun