1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Face slap-Bruised cheek??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by DENNISMASTROLIA1, Sep 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DENNISMASTROLIA1

DENNISMASTROLIA1 Active Member

Please inform me why I am getting cheek bruising--this came on gradually and I need to know if the pitch needs to be changed or the comb angle or is it something else? I cannot find any info in the Precision Shooting book or in the Bible either.I read something a while back here on Trapshooters but I need the info again.Thanks to all--

2. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

The gun doesn't fit right. Find someone to fit the gun to you and it should go away.

Been there and done that.... I had the same problem and Tron set up my gun and it went away immediately.

Jerbear

3. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Usually, pitch is the problem when you get face slap. Try a couple of flat washers between the recoil pad and stock as a temporary solution. Bill Malcolm

4. DENNISMASTROLIA1

I have a PFS stock on the gun and I obviously need to make the adjustment .But where? Thanks,Dennis.

5. DENNISMASTROLIA1

Also which way should I alter the pitch--positive or negative and which one is which?

6. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

When in doubt try them all. I would start with a pitch adj. both ways.

7. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

The answer is never simple. Read your bible it is clearly explained.

8. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

Add negative pitch, that is, make the toe or bottom longer. Excessive positive will cause the gun to ride up your shoulder during recoil and slap you in the cheek. I had a model 12 with too much pitch that actually made my cheek bleed after 100 rounds.

Big Dave

9. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

Dennis,

before you make a bunch of adjustments, try to go back to the basics on your gun mount, make sure you are stacking the beads the same as before the gun started slaping your face.

if you haven't made any adjustments to the gun, it's hard to believe something changed there, usually it's the person holding the gun that has changed their mount.

awhile back I started having the same problem, for some reason I was mounting the gun just a little different, and not stacking the beads, when I corrected that the face slap went away.

tony

10. DENNISMASTROLIA1

Please inform me why I am getting cheek bruising--this came on gradually and I need to know if the pitch needs to be changed or the comb angle or is it something else? I cannot find any info in the Precision Shooting book or in the Bible either.I read something a while back here on Trapshooters but I need the info again.Thanks to all--

11. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

The gun doesn't fit right. Find someone to fit the gun to you and it should go away.

Been there and done that.... I had the same problem and Tron set up my gun and it went away immediately.

Jerbear

12. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Usually, pitch is the problem when you get face slap. Try a couple of flat washers between the recoil pad and stock as a temporary solution. Bill Malcolm

13. DENNISMASTROLIA1

I have a PFS stock on the gun and I obviously need to make the adjustment .But where? Thanks,Dennis.

14. DENNISMASTROLIA1

Also which way should I alter the pitch--positive or negative and which one is which?

15. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

When in doubt try them all. I would start with a pitch adj. both ways.

16. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

The answer is never simple. Read your bible it is clearly explained.

17. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

Add negative pitch, that is, make the toe or bottom longer. Excessive positive will cause the gun to ride up your shoulder during recoil and slap you in the cheek. I had a model 12 with too much pitch that actually made my cheek bleed after 100 rounds.

Big Dave

18. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

Dennis,

before you make a bunch of adjustments, try to go back to the basics on your gun mount, make sure you are stacking the beads the same as before the gun started slaping your face.

if you haven't made any adjustments to the gun, it's hard to believe something changed there, usually it's the person holding the gun that has changed their mount.

awhile back I started having the same problem, for some reason I was mounting the gun just a little different, and not stacking the beads, when I corrected that the face slap went away.

tony

19. DENNISMASTROLIA1

Thanks-I still cannot find this info in the "Bible" or maybe I am just too frustrated to look closely enough.

20. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

Chapter 13 page 83 of Rollin's new bible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bruise on cheek slap

picture of a bruised face slap face

shotgun face slap

shoulder and face brused from shooting trap

slaping gun