1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fabarms XLR5 Velocity Automatic

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Dec 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Here is what I have found on this gun, it is a heavy gun weighing in at 8.5 lbs
    The comb adjustment hardware that comes with the gun was not tall enough for me to see over the rib, so I got some 8mmx1.25 bolts and cut them off One inch longer than the ones that came with the gun, I then got 2 8mmx1.25 nuts and milled off one side up to the Hole in nut until it cleared the wood on the stock si it would not damage the wood, I then got 2 4mm allen head screws that were 1/4 inch longer than the bolts that I had the heads cut off and had them bored so the 4mm Allen head screws could slip through, now you have to take off the factory 3 pieces of the adj assy from the old posts, install them the way they come off the first is the silver lower locking nut, then the Rubber
    " O " Ring and then the top large nut w/ drilled locking area and then install the 4mm Allen Head screw, Put the Hex Head nut on the 8mm bolt until it is flush with the comb base and turn it so the milled off area is over the Stock, now tighten the 4mm Allem Head Screw, and then adjust the adjusting nuts until you get your sight picture, and snug the lower locking nut against the rubber " O "Ring, then tighten the side comb locking set screws, and you are all set.

I then proceeded to cut the stock off at 14" inches, be careful here as their is the weight system in the stock, and 14" inches at zero pitch just clears the weight system.

Now I got the comb set so I can get my sight picture and I got the LOP I need
    and I adjusted the Rib all the way dowm in front as far as it will go and tightened the small set screw in the rib so the adjusting screw will not back off and let the rib raise and lowering the pattern as the gun is shot. It must be snug so this will not happen.

I have the release set to 80 ounces set and 24 ounces release, it has to be heavier in an automatic so it will not Machinegun or fire multiple time by itsself.

I like everything about the gun except the Pistol Grip I have the 2nd design Pistol Grip but it needs the dimensions of the Ceasar Guerini Trap Models it is a little long and bulky, and could use a palm swell.

I also installed a #10 ACE Trigger Shoe and used some clear Epoxy yo make sure it does not come loose, I set the trigger shoe right at the tip of the factory trigger so it clears the trigger frame and put a small amount of epoxy inside the trigger shoe before mounting it and tightening it, I now have a good feel of the trigger over the narrow factory Trigger.

I did all this before I even fired the gun, as I like a high shooting gun, this one will shoot 100% high out of the box, I may have some plans for it to shoot higher if I need it, but so far am breaking targets hard wit the Full Choke Parabolic Factory Tube.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. shoot em all

shoot em all Member

Who did the release, Phillip or someone else. thanks jim w.

3. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Phillips did the release

Gary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

fabarms xlr5 oring