1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fabarms xlr5 adjustable rib reviews.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dale1957, Sep 11, 2013.

1. dale1957

dale1957 Member

Feb 8, 2012
    Looking to possibly purchase a Fabarms XLR5 adjustable rib. Now I shoot a K-80 Pro skeet in 20ga for 12ga events. Need advice from shooters about the guns match-up ability to an O/U. Please be patient with a skeet shooter on a trap shooters website. Have gotten a ton of info. from you guys. Thanks
  2. trapman69

trapman69 Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Warrenton Mo
    The only relevant advice I can give is get the 30in not the 32 in. Takes effort to get it moving which in trap helps me move through bird. But I would think in skeet would be to slow. My 2cents Tom R
  3. Slugo

Slugo Member

Feb 23, 2011
    have you noticed that all the hype over adjustable rib guns is over. That should be an indicator.
  4. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Jan 29, 1998
    Slugo: The reason is most guns now have an adjustable rib, even in skeet, and Sporting Clays.

Fabarms is the only Auto w/an factory adjustable rib, and the XLR5 shoots where they say it will shoot, but be sure to get the 3rd version of their stock as it is much better Grip handling than the first version.

There were so many comments about the first versin stocks, that Fabarms changed the stock 3 different times, thay should have used to grip dimensions of the Summit Trapguns for their entry model.

But all this aside it is a fantastic shooting Auto Shotgun, there are several around used like new for $1995 if you look, that is better than a new ons for $2995.

Compared to the now extinct Butler it is a WHOPPING Better Deal.

Gary Bryant