1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fabarms Velocity stock Modification???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SMOKEIT, Aug 8, 2013.

1. SMOKEIT

SMOKEIT Well-Known Member

TRY THIS----The God' A Grip Original grip is a self-customizing grip that adheres securely to most shotguns, rifles, pistols and crossbows. The grip provides a shooter with a more comfortable and accurate shooting experience, allowing for a secure and steady grip even in wet or cold weather conditions. The grip is made from the premier shock-absorbing material Sorbothane, and adheres to a firearm with specially-formulated 3M, which won't damage the stock.

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

You could see if you could find someone who would swap stocks with you. For every person who things the first gen is too loose, there is probably another person who thinks the gen 2 or 3 is too tight.

I was just lookning at the Fabarm XLR Sporter last night, and thinking if I got one, I'd probably have to have the grip laid back because it looks awful small/tight for my large hands.

3. cbxchris

cbxchris Active Member

You have other options. They now sell a trigger that can easily be put in for 35 bucks. Its wider and allows for more reach for the shooter with smaller hands. Then if you take out the original trigger you will notice a very very small roll pin in the trigger shoe slide. That roll pin reduces travel. You can get it to far back. Remove it and then remove some material in the bottom of your trigger guard. Just work with it and you can easily make a big difference. Both accomplish the same results...

FWIW if they had contracted Beretta to make their stocks it would be a much better gun. I have a left hand model I am going to sell due to my being unable to switch back and forth in skeet. After I shoot 200 rounds in doubles and 12 ga I have a awful time first 2-3 rounds in 20 ga. I had not nearly the issues with a 391 trap that I am also going to sell. If I don't have them I don't have to revisit this issue twice a year after I try it again. I am a hard headed idiot....

4. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

Several years ago I purchased a grip adapter from Brownell's. It was black hard rubber with adhesive backing. They came in several different thicknesses. I used them for my grandson's as they grew. It may be an alternative for you, at lease until you decide on a final solution. best of luck

Kip

5. cbxchris

cbxchris Active Member

Myself I took out the trigger they sell and went with the original with the roll pin removed. I had to remove material from the trigger guard. I also has a gen 3 stock and mine is left handed.

For my part a mistake buying the gun. I have issues switching back and forth to my O/U in skeet.

6. pulllit

pulllit Member

Joe,

I just received my 3rd gen grip Velocity and it did not fit comfortable so I modified the top grip area and adjustable trigger blade.

I moved the area under my palm thumb pad forward with a wood rasp and sandpaper and also thinned the right side palm swell. Birchwood Casey Tru Oil matches the factory oil finish perfect.

I did the trigger roll pin removal on a older spare release trigger assembly and I now have a very comfortable fit. The new Velocity triggers do not have the roll pin. The rear travel is limited by the end of the groove.

I do not know if my modification would be possible with your long 1st gen grip. It might be worth a try.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

I used a product called Rat Grips on mine just like you are talking about doing. Worked perfect and molds to the shape of your hand/fingers. You can also peel it off with no damage to the finish.

I have used it for palm swells on other guns also. I purchased the brown Rat pads, you can cut and stack them for the thickness you want. Good luck, Harv.

8. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Rat grip material is the way to go, and it's easy to work with, no mess.