1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fabarms Axis RS 12 Trap?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shot410ga, Jul 5, 2013.

1. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Has anyone purchased one of these guns (Fabarms Axis RS 12 Trap), or even shot one. If so can you give us a review? Cost, what did you pay (street price)? Adjustably of the butt, comb, and rib? Trigger, pull or release?

Laser thanked this.
  2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

The ones I've looked at had very small, very stiff top levers. Not fun to open the gun. I'm sure they'd loosen up with time, but they will still be small.

3. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

We will have demos at the Grand. After a couple hundred shots the top levers are fine. Gun shoots soft and hits targets hard. Releases will not be available until late fall from Fabarm. Aftermarket triggers probably sooner as they are similar in design to Guerini. I'd check with Philip's Gunsmithing.

We have a couple unsingles in stock and Combo's are on the way. Call me for pricing.

Thanks,

Bob Schultz 800-684-6329

hbar314 thanked this.
  4. rthom

rthom Member

I bought one at the Pa state shoot. Un single combo 34"-32". Since I 've only owned it less than a month I was going to write a review after I have a few more rounds thru it. Initial impression it's a great gun for the money. It just smoke's the target's as long as you do your part. I'll be writing up a review and I'll try to be as objective as possible. So far target terminator!!!

5. Redcobra

Redcobra Active Member

Interestingly, just saw one today at Hendershots in Hagerstown. Mounted it and it felt good. Looked good and well made. It was stiff to open, but it was new. Seems nice, hope I get a chance to shoot one some time. Doubt I'd replace the Guerinis with it, but it seemed quite good.

6. LDAddi

LDAddi TS Member

I haven't seen one in the "flesh", but it's an interesting offer at $5-6 K they say. I did recently buy a Fabarms XLR5 "Velocity" semi-auto....my opinion at this point is pretty good. You can't find anything you would need aftermarket unless you are a release shooter and I understand the factory will furnish that upon request in the "near future". Meanwhile, Phillip did mine and everything is good. After six or seven years with Rem 1100' (great piece for the price) the Fab is very well made. The "internals" look real nice with some nickel plated parts, all machined. After several thousand rounds, no failures to eject or function. My point is, don't be comparing the Axis combo with the "K" guns, the "P" guns, or any other one that costs three times as much, can't do that. But if they are built like the semi and keep in mind that Guerini owns Fabarms now, you can't go wrong for the $$.

JMO (right Mr. Schultz??)

Cheers

Larry

7. 614shooter

614shooter Member

I bought the R12 Trap witha 34" for under 3000 at the cardinal shoot, it was still very new and hard to open, so far I love it! Easy to make adjustments to and is by far the lightest on the shoulder of any gun I have shot.. It does smoke the targets when I do my part and I have shot as far back as the 25 with the mod choke in and was still blowing targets up. I like the gun and I'm glad I bought it, it is still pretty tight but is getting better.

8. rthom

rthom Member

I've had mine just over a year probably 6-8000 rounds .Had 2 issues one my fault one not. The gun is stiff to open and I adjusted it.Some tension is needed for the inertia trigger to set for the top barrel. Nobody told me that.The instructions are minimal. A call to Fabarm was all that was needed. The only mechanical issue I had was a broken ejector cocking rod. Replaced for free. I'm close enough to Fabarm to make a nice day trip. Cost 5200.00 plus tax.

9. Egledhill

Egledhill Member

I ordered mine from Gipson and received it on Thursday. Cleaned it that night and took it to the range Friday to pattern and shoot a few rounds. This is my first true trap gun (was shooting with a citori white lightning before buying this.) so I really cant compare it to other trap guns. The instruction booklet doesn't give you instructions on how to adjust the rib. A quick call to Fabarm had me off and running (you have to squeeze the rib into the barrel to get the tension off the wheel and then adjust while still holding.) I'm using the 7 choke and hits targets hard. Still I ordered a Muller U4 (.035) to close the gap between the 7 (.031) and 9 (.040) chokes. Overall I'm extremely with it so far. I don't have the issues that some people are having with it being tight. The only complaints I have are very minor. 1) When the rib is raised, it can be squeezed down, I wish there was a way to completely lock it when you have it where you want it. And 2) there is a little play in the action when it is fully open. It doesn't take much force to close the action slightly which makes you not able to put a shell into the gun without fully opening it. Like I said though, minor issues. overall extremely happy with it.

10. David McDaniel

David McDaniel Member

I traded for one a few weeks ago to have as a back up gun. The day I got it in my XT went down on me and I had to shoot the Axis for league that night and headed straight to the Southwest Grand the next day with the gun I had only shot one time. The gun is absolutely awesome. The more I shoot it the better it feels in my hands. I had the same issue with the action being tight but there is an adjustment for that inside the wood of the forearm. I have had two issues where the gun would not fire with the unsingle barrel. One was at the Southwest Grand and the other was yesterday. Both times I could hear the hammer fall but when I checked the shell there were no marks from the firing pin. Also both times I put the shell back in and the gun fired. I have not called fabarms yet but I suspect that I took too much tension off the action when I adjusted it and tightened it up a bit last night and will try it out again today. Unless I find something else between now and June when the new model hits the market, I will be buying the new one and putting my XT combo on the market. As a side note My wife has the Syren XLR and loves it as well.

shot410ga thanked this.
  11. David McDaniel

David McDaniel Member

Just an update to my last post. I have probably fired another 1000 rounds through the fabarms and have not had another failure to fire. I cant wait for the new fabarms trap gun to come out.

12. chargerdan13

chargerdan13 Member

I did buy the new Fabarm Axis RS 12 Trap combo with the Free Float O/U barrels with tri-wood, and absolutely love it. I had the gun for 5 days now, have 7 - 25's out of it, including 100 straight at 16yds. Shot my best doubles score of 95. Gun works great, no problems at all.

13. David McDaniel

David McDaniel Member

That is awesome! There is a guy down here with one for sale but he wants MSRP for it 5700 or a little more. I think that is a little much I was wondering if you had to give that much for yours.

14. chargerdan13

chargerdan13 Member

Not really! You will probably flip on this one. I think MSRP is like $5775.00. But I work at a gun shop, so I would have got it at dealer price, which is $4395.00. Which was even better but, then I found out that Fabarms as well as Ceasar Guerini have an employee purchase program that I can get because the shop I work at is a Fabarms dealer so I got an additional 15% off of dealer price. Couldn't pass it that up.

15. David McDaniel

David McDaniel Member

holy crap order you another one and I will buy that one from you

16. chargerdan13

chargerdan13 Member

Unfortunately, its only a one time deal or once a year thing, I don't remember which.

17. arduckboy24

arduckboy24 TS Member

I own a fab arms axis rs-12 trap unsigle combo. I seen multpile comments of stifness being a problem. There is actually a screw in the fore arm you can adjust how stiff it is. I love mine and have put thousands of rounds through it since recieving as a gift from my dad when I got into school trap shooting and ata. Paid $3,500 for it with 200 rounds through it. Very adjustable. Butt is non adjustable but comb is. Looking into a graco butt pad system because of my canting problem I develpoed. Comb is quickly adjustable up and down side to side without washers.

18. arduckboy24

arduckboy24 TS Member

Misfire is because of not enough tension I had the same problem when mine shot loose. Drop of blue loctite fixed that

19. Bill Fox

Bill Fox Member

I bought the new Fabarm axis combo June 4th, as of last nights league I have put 10,600 rounds through it and no problems so far I really like how it handles. Bill

20. Dolby Connor

Dolby Connor Active Member

Fabarms Axis seem nice, but I wish they didn't have all that engraving on the receivers.

Search tags for this page
axis rs 12 trap
fabarm axis rs 12 reviews

fabarm axis rs 12 trap

fabarm axis rs 12 trap for sale

fabarm axis rs12 trap reviews

fabarm axis trap

fabarm axis trap combo review
fabarm rs 12 trap review