1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fabarm XLR5 Velocity

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Recoil Problems, Jun 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Recoil Problems

Recoil Problems TS Member

Seeing a lot of advertising for this new auto. Looks good.
    Is it a Sporting Clay gun or a Trap gun or both ????
    I think they will be shown off at some big shoots.

Anyone seen one Comments ???

2. chipking

chipking TS Member

I got to handle a couple the other day at Caesar Guerini. I could see it being very suitable for either Sporting or Trap with all the adjustment range. BUT the shell deflector and release trigger are still in works by CG at this time so it is probably more suited for Sporting at this time. I have already put my dibs in on the first equipped with both the deflector and release heck I even offered to be the guinea pig for testing purposes. That gun coupled with my preferred 1oz @1180 loads should be a real pleasure to shoot all day long.

--- Chip King ---

3. larry prior

larry prior Member

merlyn has one to demo at the ill. state shoot at bunker hill, ill.

4. RayReys

RayReys Member

I put a box of shells through one at Raahauges shooting sports fair and handled one of the ones In The booth- its a good shooter, recoils a bit less than a 391 or 400 and the fit and balance felt pretty good. It does eject the shells forward some 30 degrees (my friend also shot it) if I remember right- it would be fun on the sporting clays course and do just fine for trap IMHO

5. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

I saw one and I'd rather have a DeVault 391 conversion or a Moneymaker conversion. All the same adjustments, lighter, better wood, proven gun, parts
    available, all kinds of choke tubes, release trigger, shell catcher, even a two-shell catcher.

6. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I wish they could come up with a RELEASE OPTION SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO REACH AROUND AND SLIDE THE BOLT BACK.

Like the Rem 1100 release by SCHWAB, could this be done? If so I would buy one.

Dawsons sold the only one they had at the Cardinal Classic a week or so ago.

It took Caesar Guerini 2+ years for their Combo Gun.

How high will that adjustable rib let it shoot?

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

7. Recoil Problems

Recoil Problems TS Member

The question still remains will it become a trap gun ???

8. JohnR

JohnR Active Member

I see no reason it would not make a good trap gun, fully adjustable, reports of very good trigger and light recoil. I'm waiting for the next shipment when the 32" barrel guns come in and I think I will pick one up.

JohnR

9. chipking

chipking TS Member

Bryn it will become a trap gun as soon as I get my hands on one that is what I will use it for. Ejects forward and right (~35 degree angle) so it should not be an issue for fellow shooters. Folks are already shooting theirs for trap so I guess the answer is that it is already a trap gun unless there is a magic number of targets required to make it a TRAP gun. Gary the bolt release is on the left side where your left hand thumb can release it. I would like to wait for the release trigger but if I get a chance to get one without then I will and add the release trigger later when available.

--- Chip King ---

10. Redcobra

Redcobra Active Member

One of the skeet shooters at Loch Raven has one and just shot a 25 with it second time out. I handled it and it felt really nice. This one had beautiful wood. Seems it only takes Fabarm chokes as it has no forcing cones? At least that's what I was told.
    I am not a SA guy but it felt a lot better than the 391 PT I had a while back. Workmanship fit and finish semed top drawer. It's a $3k gun.

11. JohnR

JohnR Active Member

Here is a link to a recent review of the XLR5, very positive review, looks like they got it right. It explains the barrel/choke system, reviewer stated it's one of the best patterning factory guns he has ever tested. Price is not to bad when you consider all the options it has on it, really nothing to add to the gun.

JohnR

12. 4th. down

4th. down Active Member

Cobra, thanks for the report. The reason it only takes Fabarm chokes is because the gun is new and the aftermarket is not on it yet........but in time they will be, like everything else.

The choke/forcing cone is really not a issue on the availability of chokes as the forcing cone has no bearing on that aspect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
fabarm velocity shell catcher
fabarm xlr 5 reviews
fabarm xlr5
fabarm xlr5 parts
fabarm xlr5 velocity reviews

fabarm xlr5 velocity shell catcher

shell catcher for fabarm xlr5
xlr5 aftermarket