1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fabarm XLR5 opinion wanted

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hardcsh, Sep 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hardcsh

Hardcsh Member

Feb 18, 2012
    What is your opinion on the Fabarm XLR5 adjustable comb and adjustable rib semi-auto?
  2. Remdog1187

Remdog1187 Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2009
    I shot one at the World Fitasc at Northbrook in IL recently. Of course I was skeptical. High rib looks like bridgework. I normally shoot a flat rib.

Smoked every target I shot with the exception of the first one. Saw others doing the same. Very surprised to say the least.

Balances well, cycles 7/8 oz. Trigger decent. Good wood to metal fit. Did not care for long bolt latch though. Two long time associates ordered one each. One of them was a long time stack barrel shooter that told me, "I can hit targets with this gun that I've never hit before".

At approximately $2500 it's no cheap date. When it goes down and you've got to fix it, then what?

Jeff K.
  3. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    In the past year or I attended three state shoots: Ohio, Indiana and Wisconsin. I saw virtually no automatics (maybe an occasional 1100.)
    A couple of weeks ago I shot in the World FITASC at Northbrook SC in Illinois.
    I saw many Beretta 391's (including my own) a few Winchester SX-1's, a couple
    Beretta A-400's. No high adjustable rib autos like the Velocity, DeVault 391,or Moneymaker 391. Because the World FITASC was the same week as the Grand, I wasn't able to go to both.

My thought is that the Velocity is a neat looking gun, and some people are buying them, but a lot of people buy anything that's new or different
    when it first comes out. The test is how many people will keep them and continue to shoot them
  4. Redcobra

Redcobra Active Member

Jul 10, 2011
    Shot a round or two yesterday with one. Pretty nice, but if I were to go back to a SA it would be to a Beretta 391 Parallel Target like I had before.
    I just don't care for Semi-autos.
    The XLR5 grip was also too long for me (distance between pistol grip and trigger). It was about 3/8" longer than my Guerini O/Us.
    I like the rib and comb, but the grip....

Gonna stick with my O/Us. Maybe get another:)
  5. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

Jan 29, 1998
    for those of you that have held a fabarms and commented on the length from the grip to the trigger the company has redesigned the stock to move the grip 7mm closer--about 1/4 inch. I will have a new one next week and can repost then what it is like.
  6. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Well, at least their taking shooters advice.
  7. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Guerini the parent of Fabarms has been taking shooters advice from the get go, you talk, they listen; you want the reach shortened the stock, no problem, you want a tall rib a mid rib, no problem. You want great service, no problem, what do you want???

Guerini has brought and continues to bring products with features shooters ask for. The Fabarms XLR5 is another example of giving the customer what he asked for, not making customer assumptions as many manufacturers have for years.

Answering customers wants and needs is what drives the most successful companies, this is why a (Customer Driven) company like Guerini/Fabarms has become a leader in clay target sports as quickly as they have and they're not finished by a long shot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

fabarm opinion

fabarm xlr5 velocity opinions
fabarm xlr5 velocity sport durability