1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

FABARM XLR 5

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by fortycaliberglock, Aug 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fortycaliberglock

fortycaliberglock Member

Has anyone purchased and/or shot the new FABARM XLR 5? I'm looking for a soft-shooting trap gun for my daughter and a semi designed for trap would seem to be a good choice. My K-80 fits her well, but it's just too heavy. I did read the Butler thread and my best of luck to the company, but I'm not in a position to spend $7500 on a custom ordered semi-auto.

2. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

My girlfriend and I shot the XLR 5 in June at our state shoot. Both of us agreed it was the softest shooting gun either of us have shot. I owned and shot a Beretta 390 auto with a Soft Touch stock that was close, but heavier and didn't have the benefit of an adjustable rib and certainly didn't move as well to the target as the Fabarms. I was so impressed with this gun, I will own one by fall.

Surfer

3. JohnnyF903

JohnnyF903 Member

Forty Caliber,

You have a PM

Johnny

4. YOTESLAYER

YOTESLAYER Member

I own a Winchester Super X3, by far the softest shooting gun ive ever shot. I has an adjustable comb and 5 factory chokes included. New at scheels I paid $1399 plus tax. I also put a mercury suppressor in the mag tube as well. I highly recommend this gun.

5. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

I have a Beretta 391 with a Soft Touch adjustable recoil absorbing stock and a Moneymaker adjustable high rib barrel that has to be the softest shooting semi that I have ever shot. More so with 7/8 oz loads. Something you might want to consider for your daughter. FWIW. JM

6. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

The Fabarm is a big, heavy gun, and the pistol grip to trigger distance is not
    suitable for a small hand. Unless your daughter is a very big girl, it's not the gun for her. Look at the Beretta A-400parallel target. Light and soft shooting. Better choice.

7. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

You guys are totally missing the point...the gun is "for his daughter..." :)

I was thinking about the same thing for my 4 year old son.

8. docbombay

docbombay Well known trouble maker

I will be posting a FABARM XLR 5 in the "for sale" section tomorrow for a friend of mine if you want to save some money.

doc

9. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

Another option for a soft shooting semi is a Remington 1100 20 gauge standard (12 gauge size receiver) with a recoil absorbing synthetic stock like the one the Remington 1100 competition comes with. This option might be viable if you do not reload. JM

10. Slugo

Slugo Member

also, take a look at the 20 gauge Browning Silver. A very soft shooter...

11. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

Beretta AL391 RL Parallel Target. This gun can be used with ALL the clay games and work perfectly. Would be a good fit and shimable for a proper fit. Comb can also be cut if necessary.

I bought the standard length gold version new because I wanted an all around soft shooting semi and I love it. It is not my main trap or sporting/skeet gun but it gets shot alot. No regrets. Price didn't break the bank either. Shop around some for a good price, I pulled off the Gold PT 32" for just a hair over the std. x-tra grain version.

I find it hard to believe the Fabarm is head over heels that much better of a gun than the Beretta versions. But, I could be wrong.

12. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

If you have not shot the Fabarms XLR5 Auto w/adj. rib/adj. Comb all on a factory built Auto you have not shot a Auto Trap Gun.

Built for Competetive Shooting From The Get Go.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

13. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

Today went and fondled one, it's a lefty, really comes to point easy, about two lb's lighter than my Kolar, fit and finish are very good. Not to sure about the oil finish on the wood, almost looks and feels unfinished.
    Now if I could only sell my Ljutic she'd be mine.

14. illtrap1

illtrap1 Member

How much do they cost?Does Merln carry them?

15. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

they are 2600 for the blue and 2900 for the silver side or close to that

16. 7771

7771 Active Member

Tom Forbes at Capitol city gun club in carson city NV. has them just bought one with the black receiver and im really happy with it.

17. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I got a call fro Caesar Guerini yesterday afternoon telling me that Cole Gunsmithing will be doing all their releases and the will have the parts made to do the installation in SEPTEMBER that is next month.

They told me there has been a lot of requests for their release but that Cole did such a good job that they were going to do all the release triggers on the FABARMS XLR5.

That was Caesar Guerini's decision that they gave me personally 8/15/2012

I called CG and asked when they were going to have the factory release triggers available and this was their answer.

This was from the Mfgrs Caesar Guerini USA

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

18. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Looked at one yesterday at the FITASC event at the North Brook, IL Sportsman's Club and could see that the trigger has a set screw in it so you can slide it forwards and backwards. You'd have to slide it all the way back and see if it fits the small hand you have in mind.

19. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

I have very small hands and shot a practice round with the XLR5 at our state shoot and have no complaints reaching the trigger, so it may have been set back. The two automatics I owned when trying the Fararms were a Beretta 390 with composite Soft Touch stock and a 391 Urika with a factory in butt recoil reducer. The 390 is the heavier of the two and was the softest shooter, but the 390 was not as soft a shooter for me as the Fabarms. I had been shooting a Perazzi single barrel at the state when I tried XLR5 and didn't find weight to be an issue. In fact, I felt the gun moved and pointed extremely well. It's just a matter of time before one lands in my safe.

Surfer

20. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

called Cole's and they told me it might be the end of September or early October "when they get back to the shop in Florida" Kind of disappointed that they don;t have the release ready now. Got this answer direct for the lady at Cole's and Gary--longshot helped also in the research. motordoc

told the price is 260 dollars

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
fabarm canada
fabarm forend cap stuck

fabarm fxr 5 trap gun

fabarm trap
fabarm xlr 5
fabarm xlr 5 canada
fabarm xlr5 trap for sale
fabram xlr5