1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

FabArm Velocity or Beretta 391/400

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bkt514, Jun 24, 2014.

1. bkt514

bkt514 Well-Known Member

Good Morning and with this new format I am not sure how to search for these two semi-automatics. I am sure they have been discussed at length and I might be interested in a purchase this fall. Any help to find previous threads or productive comments here would be appreciated!

2. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I myself would love to give a FabArms with the adjustable rib a whirl

3. glenfish

glenfish Member

I have owned both the 391 in a couple of variations and now shoot the
    Fabarms. Both are great platforms but feel the Fabarms is the better gun.
    Glen

4. 3357

3357 Member

Glen, How difficult is the Fabarm to clean/maintain.

5. glenfish

glenfish Member

I think it is a lot easier to clean than my 391's.

Glen

6. Clay8T

Clay8T Active Member

I just purchased a Fabarm and absolutely love it! Keep it clean, which is the same as cleaning any other semi auto, and she's a clay great clays gun. I have the 32" w/adj. rib Titainium finish. BTW if you get one the T&S shell catcher works, but I had to double face tape mine to the receiver because it kept coming loose. No problem after tape. Good luck in your search.

7. dimapower

dimapower Member

391 w/bent carrier or 390 + DeVault Conversion

8. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

If you normally require an offset comb/stock, the Fabarm stock will probably not line up for you. I had to sand 1/8" off the left side of the comb and stock, and it still shoots left. I had the comb as far right as it will go before I started sanding.

Neil Winston thanked this.
  9. tigger1292

tigger1292 Active Member

I love my 400. Its a breeze to clean. It shoots right where you point it. Point it right and it will bust birds all day long.

10. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Setterman, it's because you have such a large head. Go to a surgeon and have it removed.

11. Setterman

I have a fat head?.....Pot calls kettle black!

12. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

Can't address the Beretta a I have never had one, but recently acquired a Fabarm XLR5 and like it very much. Lots of amenities you usually have to add after market. Martinpicker

13. JohnR

JohnR Active Member

The Fabarm comes with shims to change cast just like the Beretta's, did you try using the shims before sanding?
    I have had a Fabarm since they first came out,really like the gun. The adjustments work well and stay in place, cycles a wide variety of target ammo and light reloads, don't really have to add anything to the gun as it comes with everything. Very easy to break down and clean, usually go 500 rounds or so before I clean.
    If there is anything to not like about the gun it may be the size,it is a large gun but I got used to it pretty quick. IMG_0526.JPG

CalvinMD thanked this.
  14. Setterman

JohnR, Actually I added another shim on top of the RH cast shim to kick the stock even more to the right. My contention with FabArm was that the gun had issues and even sent it in. They returned a pattern sheet with the gun saying that with the beads lined up, it shot dead on. When I counted the holes in the pattern sheet, nearly 30% were left of center. Nice try but not good enough. The gun goes back next week after contacting the President of Fab Arms USA.

The shim kit gives you cast , but not off set. The comb adjustment does not offer enough movement to create true offset. I've owned every semi auto known to man (Benelli, 1100, 1187, 391, 303, SX-1 and 2, etc) except the new Baker, and never had this issue before.

I have a splatter board and bench at my home, so it's easy to check. I must have a lemon.

15. Clay8T

Clay8T Active Member

I have a good sized noggin' and don't have my comb moved over at all on my Fabarm. I have the comb a tiny bit raised and my rib is set for 60/40 which is what I prefer. The stock on my Krieghoff is shaved and offset way to the right. Go figure?

16. Sonny98

Sonny98 Active Member

I used the shim to move the stock high right and the comb is almost centered. Shoots perfectly, in fact I'm shooting it at our state shoot this week-end. I've got a round face that I normally have to adjust for but mine fits me fine. Great gun. Good luck.

17. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I really like it...I like a heavy gun too as long as it balances well ..and even then I prefer it more to the muzzle heavy side

18. Clay8T

Clay8T Active Member

I see now..... I bought mine used and I think the original owner may have put a shim in?
    I think this may be why I didn't have to make any comb adjustment compared to the comb set on my K gun.

19. Ibjamin

Ibjamin Member

20. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

The opinion from someone who has shot neither: You see the Beretta A400 at sporting clays and trap events and everyone I know who has one is very happy with the gun. The Fab Arms has been out longer, is almost non existent at any events I have been to, and I only have seen one at any of the three clubs I belong to and that guy sold his. There have been a disproportionately large number for sale on this forum and others. I have heard a lot of complaints about feeding issues.
    Now if you're taking about the 390 and 391, those are the primary guns I've shot in the past 12 years and they are both excellent guns but discontinued.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
    John Henry thanked this.
Search tags for this page
are fabarm better than beretta
beretta 391 vs 400

beretta or fabarms

compare beretta 28 gauge semi auto fabarms xlr5
compare fabarms and beretta 400

fabarm vs beretta

fabarm vs beretta shotgun
fabarm xlr5 stock shims