1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S....WINCHESTER SUPER X - 1 TRAP....PICS SOLD

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by superxjeff, Sep 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

That is a fair price for the shape it is in. The gun looks like a field gun with a Trap buttstock. Field style reciever and field style forend. If the choke says full choke rather then Trap full choke then I suspect that is what has happened. Some of the very last Sx-1's made had plain recievers in Trap grade but those were in the 89,000 serial number range and would have a stage 3 type trigger rather then the stage one style that is in your gun. Nice price on a nice gun. Jeff

2. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

the rib appears to be a field rib.

3. jbifulco

jbifulco Member

0   0   0

Mark,

Will that case hold 2 barrels and will you sell just the case?

4. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

They gave you your moneys worth in the choke department. Most field full chokes were about 35 thousandths but I have seen them as high as 42 thousandths. The ribs on both barrels are the same and all Sx-1 barrels came with two beads. The gun appears to be a field gun with a Montecarlo tarp buttstock. Jeff

5. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Jeff, the trap barrels have a rib that is .040" higher at the 2nd rib post.....

Ken Rucker

6. 4andy10

4andy10 Member

0   0   0

My trap gun didn't have trap full choke on it either. had stage 3 style trigger with gold plated trigger and the rib does sit higher than my field full choke. Got's 3 sx's now. just love em. Keith

7. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Yea.. That is what Bob always said about the ribs. I have seen them higher and not higher. I have also seen them shoot anywhere from 100 high to 50/50 flat with a trap barrel. Just makes no sense.Bob Baumgart had a factory Sx-1 trap full with 48 points of choke. Talk about a hammer. Best bet if you get a SX-1 trap barrel is to pattern it for impact and find out what you have as they are seldom the same. I was told they were hoping the rib would put them at 60/40 with the beads stacked but things didn't seem to turn out that way in many cases. Jeff

8. Steve Fischer

Steve Fischer Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

What is the price now?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.