1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S Winchester Super X-1 Trap Full Barrel

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by yodes, Feb 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yodes

yodes TS Member

Selling a prretty nice 30 inch Trap Full Barrel for a Wincheste Super X-1. Has a couple of little rub marks under where the forearm would be. Has a metal front bead and mid-bead. Clean bore, and no screw. $250 shipped. Please drop the xxx's to e-mail. Thanks.

<a href="http://s156.photobucket.com/albums/t15/jsyodes/?action=view&current=Winchesterbarrel001.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Steve

2. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Love to have it but way outta my budget

3. yodes

yodes TS Member

How about $240 shipped?

Steve

4. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I'll check my resources...SS Disability is not a lucritive position

5. GordonWood421

GordonWood421 TS Member

yodes , you seem to be offering a desireable barrel at a reasonable price . If I needed one , I'd try to get the one you have for sale . If you decide to sell that IM barrel you have squirreled-away - - - at a similarly priced offering , I'd try to buy that sucker ! ! ! . . . . . even though I have to use the type that I once believed was an "old man's piece" - - -- - well , shucks , - - - - maybe -- unfortunately JUST on the fringe , - - - I became one of "THEM"

BAHHH ; Hmm Hmmm Humbugggggggggggggggggggg ! ! !

Something is off in the ditchhhhhh .

Charlie

6. yodes

yodes TS Member

I give up Charlie, how did you know I have an Improved Modified barrel on one of my guns? :)

Steve

7. yodes

yodes TS Member

Sold to Skeet2day. Thanks. Now my gun and barrel count are the same, at least for SX-1's. :)

Steve

8. GordonWood421

GordonWood421 TS Member

Steve , Maybe the question should be "Why wouldn't you have an IM Trap barrel?"

Just about the best danged barrel for any load ; but with 7/8 oz , it is just unsurpassed .

Charlie

9. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

IM barrels are indeed hard to find......why not just open a full choke barrel a bit or have tubes installed to get the IM constriction?

10. GordonWood421

GordonWood421 TS Member

hunter44 , so easily pondered ; so difficult to accomplish the desired result .

Charlie

11. hunter44

Charlie,

Do you mean that if I open my F choked barrel to IM constriction that I cannot achieve the same results as a factory choked IM barrel?

12. GordonWood421

GordonWood421 TS Member

hunter44 , if you , Sir , can open your F choked barrel to perform equivalent to a IM Trap Choke , I will openly applaud your accomplishment . Should you fail , you can then resort to installing a TW choke system which I expect will still leave "something to be desired" . One thing is for sure , if you don't try , you surely won't succeed

Charlie

13. GordonWood421

GordonWood421 TS Member

yodes , mea culpa for rudely undermining your ad .

Charlie

14. hunter44

Does anyone know for sure from experience what the difference would be between the IM choke pattern & a full choke opened to that constriction or the installation of a IM choke tube for that matter.

GordonWood421, if you, sir, can give me a straight answer based on experience I would appreciate it. I have no idea what, if any, the result would be.....do you?

15. berettagold53954

berettagold53954 TS Member

the gun shop i was at today toms guns big time wichester dealer said he has 6 sx1 barrels both skeet and trap he was talking about selling on here i can see if he has an im if anyones interested

16. berettagold53954

im going there in the morning ill let you know what he has and prices

17. berettagold53954

i stopped there today he said they were stored away upstairs he was really busy getting ready for banquets next week he said to stop in thurs or fri he should have list sounds like he has quite a bit of sx1 stuff said he has no use for it anymore as he likes sx2 much better i think hes nuts lol but ill keep you posted

18. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

I have not seen an 28" IC either, don't know if they made one, but if there is one in this batch of barrels I would certainly be interested in buying it (come on, Skeet2day...share a little...you can't keep them ALL LOL :)

As to patterning and Win fixed chokes...I do not know what kind of magic they put into these barrels but they have alwasy seemed to me to pattern far better then the mere constriction would indicate. This is particularly so with the skeet barrels which seem to have almost no constriction but are target crushers at 21 yd range.

Cheers

19. chuckles

chuckles Member

Nu Line Guns has the best selection of barrels that I know of....

To the best of my knowledge the Skeet barrel is the most sought after these days...

Regards

20. chuckles

chuckles Member

For the Hunter44 guy, hope this helps...looks pretty marginal difference between Full and Imp Mod...but then I shoot IM for Trap 16 to the 24 and swear by it...

regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.