1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S Winchester Super X-1 Field 28" Mod

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Ken Hurst, Mar 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ken Hurst

Ken Hurst TS Member

F/S Winchester Super X-1 Field 28

Would you be interested in trading the gun for my engraving services ? Ken

2. chuckles

chuckles Member

Ken, check your mail...

BE, I am very interested in your Super X if you dont work out a deal with Ken,please give him priority....but please email me pictures of your Super X.

regards

Chuck

3. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

Chuck - you trying to corner the market on SX-1's LOL

Ken - you have to play fair, my engraving pattern has to be an original! LOL

Cheers

Stephen

4. chuckles

chuckles Member

Stephen, one can never have too many Super X's...can he?

Did you check out the new website...?

Chuck

5. Ken Hurst

Ken Hurst TS Member

Deal closed, thanks Mr. Chuck. Not to worry Steve, your pattern won't be duplicated. ken

6. Baron23

Ken - that was said completely tongue in cheek...all in good humor. Its about time you got a quality gun (again, laughing as I say this). Congrats.

Chuck - Nice site...I have book marked it. Nice Pigeon grade...I believe that it is more densely engraved than my own pigeon, but I will have to pull them out for comparison. I know that Bob Baumgart used to show a Kusmit engraved Pigeon on his site that seemed to be more engraved than others I have seen. Of course, Mr. Hurst is the expert on the history of these engraved SX-1s and should be the one we listen to on this subject. Very nice set with the SP. Someday, if you want to share info, I would love to know where you got those two. Looks like us SX-1 lovers will be in a knife fight with you whenever a gun comes up for sale LOL.

Best Regards,

Stephen

7. chuckles

chuckles Member

Stephen, good to hear you enjoyed and appreciated the site, I respect your comments and opinions.

I am trying to make it Super X Model 1 friendly and hope some of the guys here will share stories, trivia and pics with me to put up on the site for all to share and enjoy...

When Ken is finished with your receiver & you have the gun put back together please share the pics with me, I will mke a special spot for you and your gun on my website for all to share and enjoy...

I have to ask, its driving me crazy ...what were you flying under Baron23 call sign...

I spent 3 years supplying MAG1 and MAG2 out of Globemasters, 124's, before the transition to C130's and beyond, I was out before it really started cooking........

Thanks again for the kind words...

regards

8. sx1skeet

sx1skeet TS Member

So what is this site i real like the sx1's please do tell

9. Baron23

SX1skeet - http://www.superxmodel1.com

Chuck - I will definitely send you pics. We intend to document the gun in progress, finished in the white, and complete.

As for Baron23, I was in the USAF Aggressors (the bad guys for Red Flag, Cope Thunder, etc). Basically, what was the Enemy Fighter Weapons School which is part of the Nellis based Fighter Weapons School. I believe that the Aggressors no longer exists as seperate units. We few F-5's and T-38s as early MIG simulators....but this was long ago and far away LOL.

I also had a tactical call sign...I'm looking at it painted on the visor of my old helmet which is sitting on the shelf here in my office...but I'm keeping that a secret LOL.

Cheers

10. chuckles

chuckles Member

Well Stephen, that puts you in a fairly elite group of pilots, I always figured an Aggressor pilot had to be better than a Top Gun pilot in order to force the Top Guns into exceeding their normal envelopes...I suspect you might have a few stories you could tell.

I know exactly what you mean by Long ago and Far away...it seems like an all together different life doesn't it....Time does that to us...

Thank God for photographs, friends, scotch and an occasional cigar...

Keep me in the loop on the SX1 receiver by Ken ...

regards

11. Baron23

Yeah...I have some stories to tell, but I'm not sure what the statute of limitations are for the UCMJ LOL

Maybe someday we will get a chance to drink that scotch, smoke those cigars, and tell the old stories that are the right and privledge of men who are no longer so young.

Cheers

12. chuckles

chuckles Member

Stephen, enable the new Private Messaging System that is a feature David has recently provided for us at this site...

it allows us to carry on a private conversation...

I have some questions for you either that or send me your email to...chuck@cac.net

thanks

Chuck

13. Customstox

Customstox Member

Stephen,
    You have created a new Super X-1 monster in Ken. The well may dry up. :)

14. Ken Hurst

Ken Hurst TS Member

Okay Mr. Steve .... after talking to you today, I decided to engrave my soon to be 1st. SuperX in a combo banknote /high relief sculpted scroll with background relieved. I may also do inlays but will use steel instead of gold and sculpt the figures in bas relief. They will set up something like the face on a half dollar ... which is why it's called coin face. Of course, all the background will be done via bolino method as will hair on dogs and feathers on birds. Gun will be stocked in either Turkish or Eng. show grade walnut. Checkering will be approx. 26 LPI. Butt will carry a leather covered pad.

Thanks for the call today, much appreciated. I seem to be improving daily.

15. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I have one also...has a few handling mork on the wood but comes with 2 barrels.....a 28" MOD and a 26" IC which I'm told is a very rare barrel...if somebody is interested I'm entertaining offers

16. chuckles

chuckles Member

Calvin check your private message box...thanks

I am interested...

regards

17. Baron23

Chuck - not again! I am going to have to take you BBS privledges away if you keep trying to buy every SX-1 that comes up! If you get it and are willing, I would like to buy the IC barrel.

Ken - sounds outstanding. I remember you showed us that Colt with the gold inlays that had that coin face bas relief to it. Couldn't really see it sideways, but you could feel it.

Let me guess who's going to do your stock work! LOL

I remember thinking that I would have like some relief in the background of my scroll work, but then decided I couldn't afford it!! LOL. I can't wait to see your gun. When we get all of these upgraded SX-1's done, we need to meet up and shoot a round of SC with them.

Best to you and Julie.

18. SX-1 Man Bud

SX-1 Man Bud Member

Chuck, I also would be interested to know where you got those two Nick Kusmit engraved guns! Especially because I have the Pigeon Grade, M153 in my safe
    right now. You know the picture you have was taken off Bob's web site when he was alive. That pair was bought by Bob from a gentelman in Maryland. I ended
    up with the Pegion. I have the original letter for these guns signed by Kick Kusmit himself. I don't know who ownes the Super Pigeon now. I wish I could find out!

19. chuckles

chuckles Member

Hi Bud SX1 man...Bob Baumgart sent me those pictures years ago.

I never said on my website that they were my guns and I am not implying that they are...

I show them as examples of the Super Pigeon and the Pigeon because I mention them in my write up on the opening page, same as with the MF on the Contact page....I sold that gun a couple of years ago.

I buy, sell, repair and upgrade a lot of SX1's and have another 100 or so pictures of SX1's that I have owned or worked on.

Hope the info helps, thanks and regards

Chuck

20. Ken Hurst

Ken Hurst TS Member

Mr. Steve ---- I asked Mr. Chuck to not jewell the bolt. He has one with almost worn off jewelling that he will include. I will polish off the remainder and engrave feathers overlaping as on a quails brest on bolt. Ken

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.