1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S Winchester Model 12 Duckbill Trap

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by rodbuster, Sep 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

0   0   0

Is this a 3 pin rib?

Thank you for your time, Rodbuster

2. big-o

big-o Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Josh,
    I purchased a set of Anton Trap wood from you a couple of months ago.As of yet I have not been able to get the fore-arm on the gun, as the guys are telling me that the iron will not fit the wood.Can you shed any light on this? I am sending an email as it is Sunday, and I "stumbled" acrossed your ad for a Model 12 Trap on Trapshooters.Nice looking gun. Wished I would have seen this before buying wood set. Thank you for your time, Harold Calhoun

3. big-o

big-o Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Josh,
    I purchased a set of Anton Trap wood from you a couple of months ago.As of yet I have not been able to get the fore-arm on the gun, as the guys are telling me that the iron will not fit the wood.Can you shed any light on this? I am sending an email as it is Sunday, and I "stumbled" acrossed your ad for a Model 12 Trap on Trapshooters.Nice looking gun. Wished I would have seen this before buying wood set. Thank you for your time, Harold Calhoun

4. Tom@eel

Tom@eel Member

0   0   0

What's the bore measure on your gun? If it's been opened much above .730" (factory bore), that may explain the .045 that you have.

5. jdlovejoy4

jdlovejoy4 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

6. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Tom, it's odd that a question like yours rarely get an answer. Obviously the gun has been overbored, but the owner chooses not to explain that.

7. overbored

overbored Member

0   0   0

The question was what is the bore diameter? So no you have not answered the question.. I too would like to know. Thanks for your time.

Hugh

8. jdlovejoy4

jdlovejoy4 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Back is . 726 front is .681 so 45 thou

9. Tom@eel

Tom@eel Member

0   0   0

I believe your numbers, however you may want to check your bore gauge for calibration, or the barrel itself for crud build up. Just never seen numbers like this on a factory barrel. But then, there's a lot we don't know about M-12's, you could special order them with a lot of options, maybe this is one.

Tom

10. jdlovejoy4

jdlovejoy4 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Checked it with two diff calipers, thats why I'm asking I've never seen it either.

11. Tom@eel

Tom@eel Member

0   0   0

What's the first three SN digits?

Tom

12. Trapshooter

Trapshooter Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Maybe the choke is sleaved?

13. Tom@eel

Tom@eel Member

0   0   0

I believe that would be a 1963 gun. Don't think Winchester was doing much special order barrel work that late. Could be wrong. Try posting your question on http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewforum.php?f=60 and see what feedback you get. Lot of folks on that forum have serious M-12 knowledge.

Tom

14. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I've measured dozens of Model 12 barrels and never seen one with such dimensions. You are measuring with calipers? That is not the tool that is normally used to measure shotgun bores and chokes. Maybe you could further describe your measuring tools.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

winchester m 12 duckbill rib 1972