1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S Winchester Model 12 Black Diamond

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Hitapair, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Don't want to burst your bubble, but that is not a Model 12 Black Diamond. A black diamond in the stock does not make it a Model 12 Black Diamond.

2. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Love the simmy style rib though! Tom Rhoads

3. flabigpapa

flabigpapa Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

Should Look Like This...
    flabigpapa_2008_03031202.jpg

flabigpapa_2008_03031203.jpg

flabigpapa_2008_03031204.jpg

flabigpapa_2008_03031205.jpg

flabigpapa_2008_03031206.jpg

flabigpapa_2008_03031207.jpg

Trapshooter thanked this.
  4. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

0   0   0

Sorry to burst anyones bubble but all Black Diamond vent rib guns had two pin Duck billed ribs just like the latter pics. Jeff

5. flabigpapa

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

Thanks Jeff...You Do Know Your Model 12's...And So Do I..LOL, Bart

6. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

0   0   0

Most had straight grip sttocks and extra long forends another two inches longer than yours. Jeff

7. flabigpapa

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

Several issues with First one...Rib is Simmons with Long Extension over Field Type Reciever, Not Factory. Bolt and Carrier not Jeweled. Not Marked TRAP.. Stock checkering is Borderless with Flair shape, Forend is Bordered Like Y-model checkering. Doughtful that it Has the Diamond Stamp at Barrel Band and at End of Reciever at Stock Tang Bolt. No Bubble Burst Here...Just Good Information. Shoot Well..Shoot Often with Family and or Good Friends, Bart

Yours Dates from 1927...
    Custom Shop Markings..Just WRONG..as The Custom Shop was After 1964

Look at Position of Black Diamond in Stock...All Wrong...Margine to Checkering Not The Same..Uneven..Winchester Would Never of Let it Pass ..Finial Inspection

8. bundy4

bundy4 Member

0   0   0

All Black diamonds have two pin duck bill ribs is not true. I have Black diamond model 12 guns in 12 and 20 ga. with solid ribs.

fishguts thanked this.
  9. flabigpapa

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

Yes .. with Solid Rib.....Blue Book ..page 2161..Add 50% for Milled Rib. Would Love to see Pictures of the 20gauge Gun.

10. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Regardless, I think he is going to have to sell that "black diamond" on some other site! Tom Rhoads

11. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

0   0   0

All Black diamond vent rib guns were Two pin milled ribs, Happy? Jeff

12. Mapper

Mapper Member

0   0   0

Hummm. I have a Model 12 trap that has a milled receiver, a two pin rib, nickel steel bbl, and serial ## 278XXX. However, it does NOT say trap under the serial # and the breech block is not engine turned, but it does have the diamond and dot, etc on the bbl carrier. Did they make Monday guns back in the late 20s?

13. flabigpapa

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

Mapper, Great Question...As Their TOP of The LINE Gun...I am Sure that it could of been Ordered without the Jewel Package. Granted , I have not Seen One.
    Barrel Band Marking and End of Reciever Mark at Stock Tang Would Be Enough for Me..Too Believe That it is an Original Winchester Black Diamond Trap Gun. Great Guns from a Old Time Ago. Shoot Well..Shoot Often with Family and or Good Friends, Bart

14. Hookedonshooting

Hookedonshooting TS Member

0   0   0

Still a nice m12

15. Mapper

Mapper Member

0   0   0

Thanks Flabigpopa. I'll check the receiver one of these days.

16. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Jeweled bolts and carriers are not standard on Black Diamond Model 12s or 97s. In fact, I have never seen a jeweled bolt or carrier on a Black Diamond gun I thought was original. I have seen probably a dozen or more Ulrich engraved Black Diamond Pigeon Grades and not a one has a jeweled bolt or carrier. Forends and grip types are all over the map. Small forends are very common on older Black Diamonds and beavertails can be standard or the long type. Scant pistol grips, full pistol grips, and straight grips are found on original Black Diamond Model 12s. None of these variations are uncommon. Not all Black Diamond Model 12s were marked TRAP on the receiver. Not all Black Diamond guns are Trap Grade. Some are Pigeon Grade, and I'm not sure that a few may have made it out of the factory as Tournament Grade. I'm sorry we lost the original pictures. The gun was a fine gun, just didn't come from the factory as a Black Diamond Model 12. In all probability, even Flaginpapa's gun has aftermarket jeweling. Mapper's gun sounds absolutely original, not like a Monday morning gun like he states.

17. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

0   0   0

How about the original poster put his gun back on here for sale? Deleting is not kind to those who offered good information.

18. Hookedonshooting

Hookedonshooting TS Member

0   0   0

Wow didnt realize the poster DID delete the original post. Like I said still a nice m12, just not what he thought it was. I learned something from the others who posted. Thanks All

19. lwr_

lwr_ Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I imagine he deleted it because the users of this forum knew it was a hideous over priced POS that was not an original trap gun, Diamond or otherwise. That high gloss burnt up on a buffing wheel polish and blue job made what was once a proud Model 12 worthless.

Search tags for this page
black diamond model 12
model 12 black diamond
model 12 black diamond trap
winchester black diamond

winchester model 12 black diamond

winchester model 12 black diamond trap

winchester model 12 black diamond trap grade
winchester model 12 wrong markings