1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S: Winchester 28 Ga HS Hulls

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by dcmulcahy, Feb 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dcmulcahy

dcmulcahy Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

For Sale: REDUCED!

636 Winchester AA HS 28 ga. Hulls,389 long and 247 short, Once fired in an O/U, Very Clean. Really don't want to separate at this time.

Remove Z's, correct the 'at' in e-address or PM to contact me.

$95.00 OBO shipped to lower 48.

Thanks, Dan

2. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

O.K. I will bite. What's the "long" and the "short" about?

Jim Skeel

3. skeeljc

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

That was helpful!

What length is Winchester producing today?

Jim Skeel

4. dcmulcahy

dcmulcahy Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

As far as I know, they produce both. If the HS logo is boxed in print,or if there is an underline of the HS logo on hull they are long. Otherwise they are short. Hope this helps.

Dan

5. skeezix

skeezix Member

0   0   0

It's a real and significant difference. the early HS hulls are about 3/32" or so shorter than the hulls produced today (HS Longs). If you're using Universal Clays with the "short" hulls you will have a problem getting a crimp using 3/4 oz. of shot.

I use an 11/16 oz bushing (slightly overbored) for my short hulls with Universal with AA wads and AA clones. If you want to load a full 3/4oz load with the short hulls, you have to use a dense powder - like Longshot.

I can't wait until my shorties finally fall apart. PITA to change loading setups and keep the hulls separated.

John

6. skeeljc

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

Thanks for the education.

I have around 3000 old style compression molded AA's that I need to use up before I switch to the HS hull. I just acquired a Remington 1100 Sporting 28 so it may not take too long.

Jim Skeel

7. dcmulcahy

dcmulcahy Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

Price reduced to $95 OBO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.