1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S Winchester 1897 Black Diamond Pigeon - Sold

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Jimmie and Sandy, Jul 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimmie and Sandy

Jimmie and Sandy TS Member

0   0   0

Up

2. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

First one I have ever seen. Very nice but I think you need to relook at your 80% evaluation. :) Bill

3. TD1958

TD1958 Member

0   0   0

Nice restoration project,but 80%. I don't think so!!!11 Tim

4. one1bird

one1bird TS Member

0   0   0

Do you have a cody letter? Some (if not all) of the engraving appears to be non factory Cody letter would make it a lot easier to sell even though quite honestly it is a restoration project. Might want to contact Doug T about it
    Good luck with your sale
    Pat

5. Jimmie and Sandy

Jimmie and Sandy TS Member

0   0   0

Have personally owned this gun for thirty years and nothing has been done to it in that time. Also, Cabela's gave us the 80% and authenticated. If you aren't interested why are you replying at all? Get a life.

6. The Literalist

The Literalist Well-Known Member

0   0   0

They're probably replying because this is a discussion site...which happens to allow sales.

Not so strangely, "for sale" threads often get discussed...since it's a discussion site, you see.

Not that I want to discuss your gun, mind you...(It's very interesting)...but at $6,600--well, I won't discuss it.

Good Luck

7. flabigpapa

flabigpapa Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

I wouldn't Fill my Argument War Chest with what Cabelas Told Anybody...Not a Good Barometer of what is Current Pricing on Anything. Granted the Gun is Very Interesting and Very Collectable to Someone, and that someone may or may not be a Visitor of this Site. As for ..Get a Life, I am Sure that All of Us Do..
    The Question is, Do You. You Don't seem To Play Well With Others. Just my 2cents

8. camshaft

camshaft TS Member

0   0   0

The gun is factory engraved,and if you were to restore it,then you would cut the value to about a third of what it is worth in the present condition.If it has the original pad and the stock has not been cut off. I don't know about $6,600 in the present economy, but i have seen some examples in 90% condition sell for 7500 dollars.And have owned one in probably 85% condition about 5 years ago that i sold for $5500.serious Winchester collectors would'nt touch it if you restored it.

9. 4EVRYOUNG

4EVRYOUNG Member

0   0   0

I would get a hold of one of the large Auction houses have them look at it consign it set back and enjoy. They do a couple sales a year or more may get more than your asking depends on the economy.

10. one1bird

one1bird TS Member

0   0   0

camshaft
    you have seen the 4 leaf clover on a factory engraved gun?
    still stand by a Cody letter worth tons more than aCabella okey dokey
    as far as trumbell goes some of his work has greatly increased te value of some otherwise tired Great guns
    Oh yeah I have a life collecting factory engraved colts and winchesters
    just trying to help but I guess you got cabellas for that
    let us know how that works out for you
    enough said

11. SPORTALLURING

SPORTALLURING Active Member

0   0   0

one1bird, the factory Winchester model 97 pigeon gun had two four leaf clovers. One on each side at the back of receiver and the two roses on the top of receiver. The gun shown looks correct. I have had two of these fine guns and still own one of them. Mine was mfg. 1901.

Sportalluring

12. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Sportalluring, aka Randy, So after the first 100 are your fillings loose? Or do you just shoot it for handi-cap? :) LOL Sorry I just could not resist. I still think it's a neet gun!

I don't believe I have bought a gun from Cabela's yet? And oh ya "Jimmie" I collect old trap guns and do have a life.

13. amerrycan

amerrycan TS Member

0   0   0

one1bird,
    You are part right but it is Turnbull (Doung Turnbull) Here is a link http://www.turnbullmfg.com

If i was to restore a gun he would be the only one to touch it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.