1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S Win. Model 12 Donut Post Trap

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by spritc, Apr 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spritc

spritc Active Member

0   0   0

This shotgun has been moved to gunbroker.com

Thank you,

Steve

kolardude_2008_030383.jpg

kolardude_2008_030384.jpg

kolardude_2008_030385.jpg

kolardude_2008_030386.jpg

kolardude_2008_030387.jpg

2. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Boys sleeping or is this overpriced?! It said, semi-rare! Tom Rhoads

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

0   0   0

I hope that price is right, I have a safe full of Model 12's but they are the older ones and some have little birds under the magazine tube, swirl marks on the bolt and on the triggers and Monte Carlo stocks ... They must be worth a lot more than I thought they were worth from what I see ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

0   0   0

Oh my!

ss

5. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Just hinting that your price is pretty far off! Since you need no assistance, disregard my earlier post! Tom Rhoads

6. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

No price Police . You can put any price on your gun you like .

But if you make that price so high as to be asking for it you will .

You are selling a nice $850.00 dollar Model-12

7. Mdl1261

Mdl1261 Member

0   0   0

Alf is right !! This is a VERY nice gun but We are just trying to politely inform you That you maybe reaching a bit to far at 2500.00 These are not all that rare and were taken as buid-up guns ....

8. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

0   0   0

alf & mdl l1261.. if this style original FACTORY gun is not that rare in this cond why don,t you produce 10 or 12 of them at 850 apiece. i have talked to steve by pm & told him what i turned down for mine 10 weeks ago by an advanced winchester collector who was just going to buy it & put it in his walkin gun vault & sell the one he had. his offer wasn,t close to the asking price of this gun but considerably more than the 850 bucks you say they are worth..dwain

9. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I have a "Donut" post Model 12 that is in excellent condition. As it has a palm swell, (right hand), it apparently does not have the original stock. Aside from that it is a 95% gun. I would sell this gun to anyone for $1250. But if this gun is worth twice as much as mine; more power to the seller. Ed

10. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

0   0   0

steve my gun does not have simmons on the rib. i have been told that the ones with simmons on the rib were done by simmons.the donut post guns without simmons on the rib were built in the factory. my gun does not have simmons on the rib..the ones wthout simmons on the rib are much rarer i have been told... dwain

11. Urbans

Urbans Member

0   0   0

Just curious as to what is an "advanced Winchester collector? Steve, just because we on this website do not shoot or own Kolar's does not mean we cannot afford one. Ed Freise

12. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I alwaws say ask whatever you want. The proof of the pudding is how long it takes to sell if it ever does. So lets just sit back and watch. jmho Bill

13. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

0   0   0

kolardude

"I could care less, but those who think they know what they are talking about and don't are the ones I love to take to task."

Just who would that be???? As long as the person looking at "this fine shotgun" and even contemplating spending the money to buy this gun. Are the only ones that count in what they know or what they think they know. At least as far as spending THEIR money is concerned.

For My money this gun will need more than a donut post rib to make it worth $2500. That you can take to the bank. That is whether you think I am one of the Girls or not.

Bob Lawless

14. fishguts

fishguts Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Picture #3....see the step down on the receiver top, on factory M12's that area was blued, not sandblasted, Simmons sandblasts that area when they put a rib on a field gun. Also I have never seen that style of recoil pad on a '50's M12, looks like a much later style pad...just my observations.

Wayne

15. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

well said eightbore.

16. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Things I know .

1. Winchester never made a Rare Standard Model-12 Trap .
    2. Someone always has one for sale .

17. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Any Model 12 with Simmons on it is worth less. Period.

18. ivanhoe

0   0   0

kolardude

"Ivanhoe, of this group so far, who is a potential buyer, they think they know model 12s and want to show the world what they heard from their shooting buddy, none of these guys are buyers."

Dude you are no seller either or you would have recognized that the thing that are being said as reasons that they won't buy this gun for the money that is asked. If you were a true seller you wold realize that and stop trying to insult anyone that doesn't agree with what you have said. Your attitude has turned off any potential buyers.

As far as me I wouldn't pay that for a model 12 if it was made of magic and made breakfast every morning. I just love to take to task the guy who thinks he is a seller when he isn't.....LOL

Bob Lawless

19. ivanhoe

0   0   0

kolardude

"I haven't seen a reasonable offer from anybody from the beginning, just negative comments."

You are correct. What should that tell you it tells me they won't spend the money for an overpriced gun(one that doesn't measure up to the claims)you are just being to stubborn to to admit it.

"Bob, Ivan the Ho,"

So tell me Dude is this what you consider "intelligent conversation"??? If it is I will pass.

I called you no names as of this point but what the future holds one can't say.

Bob Lawless

20. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

What I meant in my comment of Simmons rib/vs Winchester rib is that all things being equal, an identical gun with a factory Winchester rib will bring more than one with Simmons stamped on it. One can argue that it is a rib that Simmons installed for Winchester (amazing that so many of these show up...thousands evidently if you believe all the sellers) but a factory VR without Simmons on it is worth more to a collector. . Try comparing a Model 42 with Simmons rib vs one w/o the Simmons name! Ditto a 20, 28 and 12 ga Model 12.

This is not even worth debating.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.