1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S WIN 101 PIGEON TRAP STOCK - REDUCED

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by yzfart, Nov 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yzfart

yzfart TS Member

0   0   0

I have a stock from a 1979 Winchester 101 Pigeon Trap for sale. It is a Monte Carlo with 14.5 LOP when mounted with 1 inch pad. It has very nice figure and the finish is quite good. The checkering is unusually nice and sharp, clean too. There are some handling marks and a couple of light scratches, but overall it is in very nice condition.

The stock was purchased and fitted to the gun at Midwest Gunworks when the gun was rebuilt in 2006. They still sell the same stock for $475 last time I looked.

It does have a chip on the right corner next to the tang safety. The chip is 1/4" x 1/2" and about .050" deep. Others have told me it could be repaired quite easily, but I no longer need the stock since I use the gun for sporting clays and have mounted a straight stock.

I am asking $175 shipped for this item.

If you want to look at more pictures, let me know.
    yzfart_2009_28115.jpg

yzfart_2009_28116.jpg

2. yzfart

yzfart TS Member

0   0   0

Here are some more pics.

Ben
    yzfart_2009_28118.jpg

yzfart_2009_28119.jpg

yzfart_2009_281110.jpg

yzfart_2009_281111.jpg

3. yzfart

yzfart TS Member

0   0   0

I am going to drop this to $140 shipped after looking over some other posts. I think that is fair. It is a beautiful piece of wood.

Thanks,

Ben

4. Raymobolt

Raymobolt TS Member

0   0   0

Do you happen to have a forearm for his stock that matches? I have one as a spare gun and both the stock and forearm are framed so it's not much of a spare if worried about the thing falling apart on me while I shoot! 101's are great guns if you can overcome the fact of the teasing of the "recoil" some people claim that they have!
    Raymo
    Youngstown, Ohio

5. yzfart

yzfart TS Member

0   0   0

Raymo,

I do not have a forearm that I want to sell. It is still attached to my favorite gun.

I love my 101 - it is my do anything gun. Has better than 100k thru her and going strong!

As far as recoil, I have carefully poured molten lead into a shotgun shell that was standing in a coffee cup of water. If you are precise and go careful, it produces a perfect column of lead that fits just about perfectly into the stock hole. With a little electrical tape and a 3/4" coil spring to take up any slack, two filled 2 3/4 shells have helped my shooting immensely.

It does end up meaning I have a 9+ pound gun, but how many other folks shoot guns that weigh at least that much?

I shoot trap, skeet and sporting clays with the same gun, (and the same 1oz 8's/1175fps load for that matter). I am definitely not a pro, but a 25 comes around occasionally in trap and skeet. Good enough for me!

Thanks for the interest,

Ben

6. rebelpenn

rebelpenn Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

yzfart: you have a P.M.

7. yzfart

yzfart TS Member

0   0   0

Item sold pending funds.

Ben