1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S Weatherby rifle plus scope

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by radeck, Nov 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. radeck

radeck Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

F/S Weatherby Mark V Ultra Light - 270 Win. rifle plus Leupold 3.5-10x40 Vari-X III scope. Purchased new in January '01. Field carried several times (I now prefer my .308). $1100 plus shipping and insurance to your FFL. PM me if interested. Thanks for looking.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. radeck

radeck Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I've been asked about accuracy. Here is a 100 yard group I shot from a bench rest with 130 grain Federal Vital Shok copper ammo. (Non-toxic for a hunt in the designated California condor area). These are one inch squares on a Hoppe's 100 yard sighting target. The most I was off from the center of the paper cross hairs was 13/16 of an inch. The two POI's which are far apart are 1 3/8 inches. The highest POI was 3/4 inch from my aiming point. Thanks for looking.
    [​IMG]

3. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

0   0   0

I read an adv. recently that indicated in so many words that Howa made Weatherby"s. Anyone know for sure?

4. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Maybe they do. They were not doing it when this rifle was built. This rifle was made by the same japanese company that has been making them for years. Great out of the box accuracy. Good luck with the sale of your rifle. Jeff

5. radeck

radeck Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Gun comes in at just a bit over 7 lbs. including scope.

6. radeck

radeck Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

7. radeck

radeck Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Have potential buyer after the holidays.

8. radeck

radeck Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

My "I'll buy it in January" guy doesn't seem to be interested. So it's back on the market. I have a black plastic case with foam inserts to go along with it for help in the shipping. PM me if interested. Thank you for looking.

9. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0

Howa makes the Vanguard. I don't know who makes the MK V.

The Howa is a good rifle. The MK V is a superb rifle.

HM

10. high 2

high 2 Member

0   0   0

I have a VGX in 300win mag that`s a tack driver with just about anything you put in it. Didn`t know Howa made them. The should be a great rifle. I bought a Franchi SXS from radek a couple of months ago. Gun was better than described and transaction went as smooth as could be. Larry

11. radeck

radeck Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Thanks for the kind words Larry. This gun is a little older than that the one you bought from me, but it is a nice gun and I really do like it. I just don't get that many opportunities to use it now that I found trapshooting about 4 1/2 years ago. LOL. Plus the central California area I mostly hunt when I get the time is in the condor protected area, so we must use non-lead ammo. I couldn't justify keeping this gun in my safe when my Tikka in .308 Win is there, and I also have to buy and use non-lead ammo for it.

Please be aware that the picture of the sighting-in group up earlier in my post is with non-lead ammo. I shot better bench rest groups at the range with good quality lead hunting ammo. This gun is a better shot that I am.

12. radeck

radeck Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Price reduced to $1000 plus shipping and insurance to your FFL.

13. radeck

radeck Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

14. radeck

radeck Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

15. oldstuff

oldstuff Member

0   0   0

Can't believe this gun has not sold. Look on gunbroker and they are asking over $300.00 for the Leupold Scope alone. Then you still have the Weatherby Mark 5 left. Should be a good buy.

16. rocktire

rocktire Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

good luck with the sale. I just sold one like it, it was a tough sell too. Too many 1/2 MOA savages, tikka's, etc around for half the price.

17. radeck

radeck Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

When you factor out the $300 value for the scope, the rifle comes down to around $700. About what a Tikka goes for. And I have a Tikka T3...

18. radeck

radeck Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Because I've been asked and so there is no confusion, this is that regular old stand-by - a .270 Winchester. Not a Weatherby cartridge or one of those short magnums. I want to be able to buy ammo anywhere and not have to deal with some fancy caliber that is harder to find. It has a 24 inch barrel, there is no muzzle break. It has a fluted barrel to reduce the weight. I checked my fired brass on hand, and I'm 99 & 44/100 percent sure that there is less than 150 rounds thru this gun. I'll include that once fired brass if the eventual buyer is interested. Thanks for looking, Reeves D.

19. radeck

radeck Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

OK folks, have hit rock bottom for me on this one. Will sell for $950, plus limit your shipping/insurance anywhere in the lower 48 to $75. Max of $1025. You get a brand new black plastic case plus my once fired brass (if you would like it). Thank you for looking. Now inundate me with those PM's...

20. radeck

radeck Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.