Trapshooters Forum banner

F/S Weatherby O/U 'Orion'

4K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Barrelbulge(Fl) 
#1 ·
26" barrels choked C/C. 12ga. original butt plate that is missing about 3/8" on bottom. Nice bluing, some scratching on left side of wood. Selling for a friend. $690 delivered to your FFL. If you have questions I will have to get an answer and get back to you. Bulge.

The gun is still tight.

See less See more
#3 ·
Page nine of the owners manual in the link shows these as inertia triggers. I have always wanted one of these in a high grade 28 gauge. The action is basically an SKB if I am nit mistaken.

https://www.weatherby.com/_media/ownersmanual/media/ATHENA%20&%20ORION%20OU%20-%20JAPAN.pdf

#10 ·
The Orion was built by SKB, shipped to Weatherby in the white and then polished, blued and stocked by them.

The Orion was a great pheasant gun in 20 ga; but they always seemed a bit clubby in 12 ga. However, most 12 ga o/u's feel that way to me...

All Orion's had inertia triggers, except for the 28 ga model, which had mechanical triggers.

Looks to be a good solid gun, a little fix up work will bring it back to life!

Kiv

#11 ·
When I was a kid in high school I won a Weatherby Regency in a raffle, damn that was a nice gun, too bad my wise a$$ed teen aged mouth over rode my brain and I ended up having to sell it to pay for a lawyer to get my a$$ out of a crack

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.