1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S TWO TIGERS - MYRTLEWOOD F/S

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Mr.M, Mar 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.M

Mr.M Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Two great Tiger Myrtlewood two-piece shotgun blank sets offered for sale. These were unearthed this morning in a corner of the barn where they've been resting peacefully and curing for the last several years. They're ready to be worked, but we always advise letting dry wood acclimate in your neck of the woods for several months before cutting.

Tiger Myrtle #13 is a monster!! The measurements are 19 1/2 inches long, 8 1/2 inches tall at the butt, 6 1/4 inches tall at the receiver and a full 2 3/4 inches thick. This is the one you want for your twisted sister, offset comb, rollover thingy, etc. stock. If you can't fit it in this one, you just don't need it! The stripe looks thready on the left side picture, but the butt shows a perfectly full fan of black as well as a close to perfect quarter saw. A lot more stripe will emerge as this blank is turned. As you can see in the pictures, there is solid frog's hair fiddleback (no, I don't make these names up) throughout the entire width, height, and depth of this blank. This one will finish as a stunner.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Price for #T13 is $800.00.

#T14 is perfectly quarter sawn and shows different character. I've shown two pics of both sides to demonstrate the open, almost window pane shimmer that's solid under the stripe throughout this blank. I think you'll only be able to shoot the gun with this stock when the sun isn't shining. The glow will simply be too much. The measurements of this beauty are 21 inches long, 6 inches tall at the butt, 6 1/2 inches tall at the widest point about two inches ahead of the butt, 4 1/2 inches tall at the receiver and 2 1/2 inches thick. With the extra length you could simply cut the butt two inches shorter to access the 6 1/2 inch dimension. Plenty of extra length. The layout is excellent with everything running straight from butt to muzzle.

[​IMG]

Camera at one angle.

[​IMG]

Same image, camera at a different angle.

[​IMG]

Right side, angle 1.

[​IMG]

Right side, different angle. #T14 has the most complete and densest coverage of any Tiger Myrtle blank I've ever seen. It's also a perfect quarter sawn piece layed out by a miller who knew his stuff. Price on #T14 is $1000.00.

This pair would make an excellent and distinctive husband-wife set of tournament shotguns as well as a super pair of different guage game guns. I am open to a slightly discounted price for the pair sold to one buyer. If you really want to make some points with the wife (or husband) this is a super opportunity.

Please contact me at the email address above since I check that at least daily. I'll give my phone number via email, but not through this site. Too many right-coasters forget that we're three hours earlier than they are. Momma don't like talking to wood hounds at 5:30 in the morning. The first confirmed message for either or both of these blanks will have the first shot. I'll happily answer all questions and, as always, ten percent of all sales through TS.com goes back to TS.com for continuing support of the site.

We've generated $275.00 for David and the site so far this year and will add to that significantly with these blanks. Thanks to all and thanks for looking.

Mike Mann White Creek Gunstock Blanks LLC Your Myrtlewood Source

2. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

ttt

3. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

ttt

4. Mr.M