1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S Turn of the century trapshooting photos-$25 ea

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by books, Apr 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. books

books TS Member

0   0   0

Five rare photos depicting the early years of trapshooting. Check out the Ladies Day & "Couples" squad, notice the "puller" in the men's photo,the close up photo of the women...some look like they had a better day on the line then others! And my personal favorite the three ladies sporting their guns & ammo boxes in front of the Model A.....see the horse and wagons in the backround!All these amazing photos were taken at CT shoots in the early 1900's. These vintage photos would be a fine addition to anybody's trapshooting collection. Or perhaps a unique trophy idea or addition to for your club instead of the usual ones. A great gift idea also.... father's day just around the corner!Anyone who loves the sport would truly enjoy these photos of trapshooting history. 8x10 photos come double matted and ready for you to frame. $25.00 each/ free shipping. Buy 5 or more and get special discount.(they really do look wonderful framed!) Please contact Sara Baldwin Palmer (203) 300-7779 or sara@luksrealty.com (I hope you all liked viewing these pictures.)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Drew Hause

Drew Hause Well-Known Member

0   0   0

What a treasure Sara! From Ladies Day at the Pahquioque Rod & Gun Club Danbury, Conn. August 15, 1915.

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Just like ladies day at B.G.C,

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Anybody that can't appreciate these pictures is lost. I love seeing the Old Days of shooting. These are the men and women that kept this sport alive so we all could enjoy it. Lots of neat history there.

5. Drew Hause

Drew Hause Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Good reading.
    July 1917 The Outing Magazine
    "Teaching Women to Shoot, A Brief Lesson in the Art of Trap Shooting" By Belle G. Earle.

6. revbook

revbook Member

0   0   0

I wonder where they put their shells?

7. books

books TS Member

0   0   0

I guess now we know why they are wearing suits.... big pockets!

8. books

books TS Member

0   0   0

9. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

My MY MY not one pair of shooting glasses in the bunch. How did they ever survive?

10. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

0   0   0

Nice

11. books

books TS Member

0   0   0

12. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Looks like the ladies in the 2nd picture were about 3 yards short of the 16 yard line!!! Nice pictures there though. Break-em all. Jeff

13. books

books TS Member

0   0   0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.